GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Turn Signal Bulb Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by Shak59
gdepau, thanks for posting that pic in your album of the white and and amber turn signal both on. I had a few questions left I just wanted to verify.

1. Did you change those out or are those OEM? If changed, are those just White Halogen bulbs?

2. This is the bulb you said that you bought with the silver glass that lights up amber so it doesn't have the fried egg look when lights are off.

3. These are LED replacements, are the ones you have white or blue?

And finally is your HID light OEM or aftermarket?

THANKS!!
Since the posting of my original pictures, I have made a few changes so it looks a little different from the above picture. I now have upgraded my high beam and fog lights to all HID. Everything is aftermarket including the headlights. My car came with Halogen and I wanted Xenon so I made the changes. I used white LED lights on the following:

1: Side lamp/Parking lamp
2: Underneath the High Beam bulb is a second Side lamp/Parking bulb
3: License plates bulbs
4: All interior bulbs except rear view mirror bulbs.

I just posted these in my album:
Turn Signal Bulb Question-all-lights-.jpg Turn Signal Bulb Question-lights-fog-left.jpg

Turn Signal Bulb Question-lights-off-.jpg Turn Signal Bulb Question-turn-signal-.jpg
Old 07-13-2011, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 151 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by gdepau
There may be a special tool at the Mercedes dealer but all you need is a credit card. There is a picture of how you can do it. You slide the credit card in between the roof and the light chassis and it disengages but don't pull it down too far, just enough to get your hands on the bulb to remove it. Same with the rear dome bulb, a bit harder but again you slide a credit card in between the roof and the light and slide it over to the edge all the while pulling it down. Not too hard.

view these links and search this forum for a thread called "dome lights removal". There used to be pictures but you can read what was said.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...g-p1010077.jpg

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...g-p1010048.jpg
I know this is a old post but I happen to see a radar detector on one of the pictures. Can the owner of that picture shed me some light on where he run the wires and where he connected it.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 07-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.