GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

WHEEL SCRATCHES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
WHEEL SCRATCHES

I picked up the car on Friday night in a rain storm, on Saturday the dealer had it detailed by hand (I watched) on Sunday I was waxing the AMG rims and noticed the two front wheels had some weird scratches on the flats, bought it in today andn they were going to have the wheel man buff it, but having a friend there they took all 4 wheels off of another AMG car and put them onto mine...they wanted to keep a matched set..car came with Pirelli Scorpions.;...what is a good wheel wax tgo keep the damn brake dust off???
Old 03-16-2010, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Wow.... just wait a few months, they'll be scratched as well... but to answer your question, any good hard auto wax will work just fine.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Wow.... just wait a few months, they'll be scratched as well... but to answer your question, any good hard auto wax will work just fine.
Knock on wood, but my C class is 2 years old and the wheels are not scratched. If you drive car carefully, you can keep most of it in good condition.

I think it's great they swapped the wheels out.

Wax on wheels will make them look a bit extra shiny. However, it doesn't stay on long with the harsh environment in the wheel area, plus wheel cleaners/soaps.

It also makes no impact on the brake dust.

Use a very gentle wheel cleaner (some are very harsh and can turn the brake calipers funny color). Or better yet, just use car washing soap to be safe. Get some nice wheel brushes, be careful if any metal ever protrudes from the brushes getting worn though, or they can scratch the wheels.

The brake dust reduces slightly after a few thousand miles.