GLK 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Firstlady36
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site, although, I read all that time. For all of you who are looking for the 2011 GLK, they go into production this month. I ordered mine (4MATIC, Black Leather, Premium 1, and Multimedia) 3 Weeks ago. It will be delivered the first week of July, they start building it on June 14, 2010. Regarding pricing, they didnt' have any prices, but you figure a couple hundred more than the 2010 model.

As for my price I negotiated $300 over DEALER INVOICE. If you start negoitating from MSRP, you are already paying too much. THe MSRP is marked up 20%. You want to pay what the dealer paid for the car. When I finished my deal, I didn't even pay 1% profit. Come on, $300 over invoice --- that's a steal.

I've been looking at this truck since they arrived last year. Hopefully, with the 2011 version, they have addressed some of the issues that came up the most with the 2010 model (leg room in the back seat, gas mileage, gear shift location,), other than that its gotten rave reviews so far. So we will see....
Don't worry, the stealership will make the money back on the "bend over and grease up" service fees... What a rip...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 PM

GLK350
Just do them yourself and reset the indicator.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:41 PM

2010 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Vapor40
Just do them yourself and reset the indicator.
I do and i will.... It's the other sorry saps I feel sorry for....

You should hear the service reps whine about how it MUST be done by them, you will void the warranty, and the service reset needs to be done on their computers. On and on and on.... What a bunch of rip off *******....

I spoke to the Sales Mgr. and the Dealer Mgr. and they both said "sure you can have it done, or do it yourself, just keep the records.... They would not re set the service prompt though... i had to do that myself....

Never went through this crap with BMW... Ever. Their service plan was awesome.... When I get my wife a new car, it will once again be a Beemer, I can't take this crap... I have had more small issues with this GLK in 6 monthes than I ever had in three years with the other German car...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 PM

GLK350
The book says you can do it yourself but they will try and convince you otherwise.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:12 PM

2011 GKL
Shak59...

Let's try this again.....I never meant to offend anyone or insinuate that anyone didn't get a good price.... all I did was simply post my experiences. I never thought I would get into a "who negotiated best exchange" or anyone thinking that I didn't think they got a good deal... WHO CARES???? Personally, I don't .... and I'm not losing any sleep over who saved a few pennies more because when it comes to repairs we are all going to pay...out the behind

When I was shopping in was grateful for all the information that I could get from anyone. This board is for informational purposes only so no one should be offended or disgruntled.. Are you serious??? Its a board... read what people say, use the information if you can, forget the rest, and move on with your life... gimme a break... At the end of the day, as long as you got the car you wanted then who gives a damn what you paid....

I'm more interested in the EAB? I am purchasing my car under my business so will I qualify for this bonus? If you want to tell me something, tell me that...
Old 05-28-2010, 09:18 PM

2011 GKL
Sorry to hear that, I certainly hope that have corrected the issues in the 2011.... BMW does have the best maintenance going, IMO The new X3 isn't scheduled for remake until next year, I think... or maybe I'm wrong, but they are do for a total body makeover ...one of the reasons I went with the GLK, reviews have been so mixed, I'm praying for a "issue free" experience..
Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 PM

2010 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Firstlady36
Shak59...

Let's try this again.....I never meant to offend anyone or insinuate that anyone didn't get a good price.... all I did was simply post my experiences. I never thought I would get into a "who negotiated best exchange" or anyone thinking that I didn't think they got a good deal... WHO CARES???? Personally, I don't .... and I'm not losing any sleep over who saved a few pennies more because when it comes to repairs we are all going to pay...out the behind

When I was shopping in was grateful for all the information that I could get from anyone. This board is for informational purposes only so no one should be offended or disgruntled.. Are you serious??? Its a board... read what people say, use the information if you can, forget the rest, and move on with your life... gimme a break... At the end of the day, as long as you got the car you wanted then who gives a damn what you paid....

I'm more interested in the EAB? I am purchasing my car under my business so will I qualify for this bonus? If you want to tell me something, tell me that...
You must be new to forums.... They're all like this.... take a deep breath.... Great info on them, gripes, emotions, that's why they are fun... if they were all just peanut butter and jelly, they would not be any fun... take a step back, deep breaths...... deep breaths....and smile....

You are always free to move your eyes over to the next post that interests you.... Take what good info you can, and move on... You need some skin... And oh yeah, stay off the motorcycle forums, they will eat girly girls like you alive!!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:23 PM

2011 GKL
LOLOLO, will do Daysoffiide....thanks for the headsup ROTF
Old 05-29-2010, 02:56 AM

GLK350
Firstlady, I am not disgruntled, nor offended. I am here for the information exchange, hence why I provided my experience and what I knew about the 2011 model and hoping for more info anyone else has. I posted here also before I ordered the vehicle to get insight into the vehicles I was comparing.

I put a lot of time and research into my buying experience and disagreed with your comments on how you said "you are paying too much if you negotiate from the msrp".

Seems like we both got to the same point, but by different directions.

As far as the EAB discount, there are two levels, the "fleet" program, and EAB program. (EAB is a bigger discount). The company you work for has to be setup with MB for the discount. To qualify for EAB, your company has to be setup, but you must also receive a monthly stipend/allowance for a vehicle.

Google MB fleet program and try to find the MB phone number who can verify your company's eligibility.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:01 AM

Diesel GLK in 20??
back to the OP's query on 2011 GLKs

2011 GLKs are coming soon. Maybe as soon as July. Dealer staff want to sell current models yet throw out the occasional tidbit on what they believe will likely change. Solid facts, rumors, phantom press releases, opinions stated as facts. It is all to be found here on the online forums, (for our enjoyment).

Below is a MB online employee "official" response to my query on North American diesel GLKs for 2011 posted this week.

"We appreciate your interest in the GLK350. At this time, there are no
plans to offer the GLK350 as a diesel powered vehicle; we do, however,
offer the ML350 BlueTEC, R350 BlueTEC and GL350 BlueTEC with diesel
engines. A 2011 E350 BlueTEC will be launched in late summer."
Old 05-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
No 2011 ENGINE CHANGES

Vehicle Highlights

The 2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class is largely unchanged following its introduction for the 2010 model year. GLK is a 4-door wagon that shares its basic design with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class premium-compact car. It's available with rear-wheel drive, or the company's 4Matic all-wheel drive. The sole model is the GLK350, with a 268-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine and 7-speed automatic transmission. Available safety features include ABS, traction control, antiskid system, front-side airbags, and curtain-side airbags. Available features include a navigation system that comes with a hard drive for storing digital music files, bi-xenon headlamps, and a panoramic sunroof. Newly optional on the 2011 GLK-Class is an AMG Sport Package, which includes specific exterior trim and 20-inch wheels. This report is based on evaluations of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:53 PM

GLK350
First lady I was just trying to figure out what you are talking about. You tell us you got 20% off, then said you have not even taken delivery and don't know the MSRP of your car or the invoice. The point is try to give real information that will help others here make informed choices. MSRP is the perfect place to start if you understand what invoice is and what it is not.

Invoice is simply the number at which the vehicle is booked at the dealership. There are many factors after that which can effect the deal you get, holdback, trunk money, pull forward money, special discounts, loyalty cash to name a few. It is entirely possible to get a car under invoice.

Financing and Leasing are two totally different animals each one presenting its own challenges and opportunity.

May be we should start a buying and leasing advice thread.

It has been my experience in order to get 10% or more off you have to be willing to work but it can be done.

Last edited by Vapor40; 05-29-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:46 AM

M37S
On a 2010 you can get 2000-2500 below edmunds.com invoice. So 300 is nothing. But at least you did not pay MSRP.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 AM

GLK350
Please explain. So you are saying you can get a 40975 for 35500?

Originally Posted by cr1t1icalm4ss
On a 2010 you can get 2000-2500 below edmunds.com invoice. So 300 is nothing. But at least you did not pay MSRP.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 AM

2011 GKL
Vapor...

Please go back and read my posts before you quote me incorrectly. I never said I got 20% off. What I said was that the MSRP is marked up considerably, to me that's $4,000 or more above invoice. I thought I explained that statement in the next post after you questioned the statement, but maybe I didn't...

Secondly, I going to say this again.... Yes, I did make a deal for $300 above invoice, without knowing the invoice pricing... the dealer was willing to do that and so was I being that it really shouldn't be more than a couple hundred dollars... The pricing for the car still isn't available...

For anyone to come on here and then go to a dealer and quote well "this person said that" is ridiculous. Take what applies to you and leave the rest... Based on what I said, I can't believe that its still a matte of discussion.

I am well informed on the variables of buying a car, leasing vs. financing, holdbacks, dealer markups, prep fees, floor plan, etc. etc. etc. You have to do your homework and make the deal best for you.

Again, IMO, starting from the MSRP makes you work harder because its already marked up, $3000-$4000. If you start at the lower price which would be invoice, and get the the actual "cost" of the dealer (which factory to dealer incentives, holdback and all must be taken into account), then you will likely come out with a better deal... THAT"S ALL!!! and that's just common sense...nothing magical or analytical about it...

Lastly, I live in northern NJ and I visited three dealerships before I started negotiations. None, were willing to deal below invoice for a 2011....none.... a 2010 yes because they are trying to get rid of them, but not on a 2011 with a year's worth of equity, not in my area.

Cr1t1icalm4ss

You are right, compared to what I could get off a 2010 right now $300 is nothing. However, I didn't get $300 off, I'm paying $300 above invoice, which if it were a 2010 would be about $4013 off MSRP (the number will change a little for the 2011, but the savings should average out to about the same thing given the pricing differences between the Invoice and the MSRP) Oh, options are Leather, Prem 1, and MM
Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 PM

GLK350
Criticalmass, yes I agree, people can get a GLK for below invoice. But on a 2010, when it is sitting right outside. Many dealers had no incentive to sell discount 2011's when they had 2010's on the lot.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:18 PM

M37S
Why get a 2011 then. there is no real upgrades...meaning the good ones being engine modifications, hp and mpg increases, you can get amg kits in the US market on GLK's, maybe not in other markets etc

Also most of you probably lease, so warranty is not an issue either so waiting to get a 2011 because they may have fixed a few things would not matter
Old 05-30-2010, 02:22 PM

M37S
Originally Posted by Vapor40
Please explain. So you are saying you can get a 40975 for 35500?
You are correct, I just got a 2010 at 35k was almost 41k. But its my 3rd car through Merc and I wait until either the last two days of the month, or I try to target the last couple days of the quarter. Most managers are trying to move cars for shear volume rather than max profit.

It took a little while but got it done.

They were going to get me 49k for a 57k E-class, but I did not want to pay that much for a car. (not now)

The one I have has lighting, amg, foot rails, pano etc
Old 05-30-2010, 03:03 PM

GLK350
Originally Posted by cr1t1icalm4ss
Why get a 2011 then. there is no real upgrades...meaning the good ones being engine modifications, hp and mpg increases, you can get amg kits in the US market on GLK's, maybe not in other markets etc

Also most of you probably lease, so warranty is not an issue either so waiting to get a 2011 because they may have fixed a few things would not matter
For me, getting a 2011 in 2010 was most appealing. I get paid a monthly car allowance from my company. My car has to be within x number of years to be eligible. Me getting a 2011 vs. 2010 now gets my an extra year of payments from my company. The 2010 would have to be over several thousand dollars cheaper than the 2011 for it to make sense from a $ perspective.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:40 PM

2011 GKL
Honestly Cr1r1...

I went into the dealership hoping to get a really good deal on a 2010... however, one the inventory was very limited... many of them were fully loaded with a bunch of gadgets that I didn't want.....colors were scarce... etc... what I wanted, I couldn't get in a 2010...

When we my sales rep and I went to the system, they had already stopped producing 2010's and anything ordered at that point would have had to be a 2011...

The main thing I wanted was leather which no dealership in the country had when we checked all inventory. Most buy with MBTex and that for me was a deal breaker...

I am in fact financing 36 months with a substantial downpayment...
Old 05-30-2010, 05:24 PM

GLK350
My point to all is to properly inform our other forum members it is important to explain your entire deal what you paid what you traded. This makes for informative posts. It is important to have all the facts.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM

Diesel GLK in 20??
Firstlady36,

You handled your GLK350 purchase very well given that 2011 features and pricing are a short term mystery. What exterior color did you select? By scanning this forum and dealer inventories black, white or some shade of silver/pewter seem to be the most popular colors. In person I liked the jade green and dark red GLKs on the dealer lot. There was a E350 in the GLK dark blue that was also good looking. If only the GLKs had a camel color for the interior seating instead of almond. grey or black.

The dealer rep I spoke with said folks do not buy their new GLKs off the lot unless they need one immediately. Delivery time from Bremen Germany to California he said would only be 6-8 weeks. Contrast this with the nearby Lexus dealer who quoted 4-6 months to get a AWD version of one of their cars and acted as if that was a very unusual request for a Californian. How about the dealer trading an AWD vehicle from a snow state...they didn't like that idea either. I asked an Acura dealer if I could select camel leather with a particular exterior color ...impossible. One buys what they are willing to produce. At least MB and BMW and Mini are providing a multitude of options and doing factory orders.

So back to the original point of this thread which is about news on the 2011 GLKs.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 PM

2011 GKL
benbow

I got all black leather (walnut accents) interior the truck is Arctic White.... it really stands out... I kept the black roof rails... I really wanted the truck to be all black and white....

I like it dark in the inside, its better to keep clean.. I've had beige leather and interior and it (TO ME) doesn't hold up well... so I wanted a color that would withstand and maintain its luxury... I love the tints on the back windows... Aside from the leather, Prem 1 and MM... i kept it really simple. I can't wait to see what they change, I know there will be no major changes, but I'd be thankful for a little storage compartment under the seat...
Old 05-31-2010, 03:47 AM

Diesel GLK in 20??
a 2011 tidbit from a USATODAY GLK 2010 review dated 5/14/10

"And others do a better job on rear-view cameras in terms of resolution and the distance grid. (The 2011, on sale in July, will have a different camera, M-B says.)"
Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 AM

2011 GKL
Thanks Benbow every little tidbit helps....lol

****** QUICK QUESTION TO ALL GLK OWNERS******

Were you able to opt out the ashtray? I didn't want the ashtray because I don't smoke, but I was told that they all come with the ashtray? It seems like I should have been able to not have it put in, if in fact, I was having this built for my specifications.

Last edited by Firstlady36; 05-31-2010 at 08:15 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLK 2011