GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Command Navigation System Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK
Command Navigation System Help

Hi! Has anyone had any success with learning all of the features of the command system in the GLK 350? While I think MB has made a fantastic vehicle, they are not so innovative with the command system in my opinion. I can enter destinations and complete many other tasks just fine. My issue is:

Finding locations or destinations.... I utilize the POI menu to find Starbucks or other places. Issue #1 is it will pull up items from all over the USA rather than where I am or my city. My other issue is that you should be able to utilize the voice command like Ford and other vehicles. You should be able to say "find Starbucks" or something. This is where I say MB is not as innovative.

Has anyone had any success locating businesses or places you want to go? My final comment on their system is that if you get off of main roads and onto residential streets or city streets with the navigation running, you get "you are in a area with unverified map data and turn by turn directions is not available." However, the map still shows you where to go, but the navigation stops telling you by voice. Very strange!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Sorry I can't help you. I completely dislike the Benz Navi. It's hard to use... falls short in many ways, has a poor interface... and is difficult to program. The fact that the map does not show surrounding street names makes this $2K+ a total POS IMO!

The Navi in my Nissan GT-R blows the Benz system right off the freaking map!

Here are some examples of what it can do besides Navigation:

Last edited by MBRedux; 08-14-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GLK 220CDI 4M BlueEFFICIENCY
Originally Posted by jasonmallory
Hi! Has anyone had any success with learning all of the features of the command system in the GLK 350? While I think MB has made a fantastic vehicle, they are not so innovative with the command system in my opinion. I can enter destinations and complete many other tasks just fine.
Can't help you on this one as we didn't opt. the COMAND, lesson learned from NAVI in our last car, and "testdriving" the COMAND. The lesson learned was that buying a portable system nowadays includes getting updates on the internet, instead of paying $xxx for a CD from the (vehicle) dealership. Its fast and inexpensive, and one can even buy a new portable with the latest features at the price of an update from the dealer.

Maybe you should post your request for help in the Audio & Electronics forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics-38/,
as I see the COMAND system is a frequent issue there