GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Anyone switched from X3 to GLK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
GLK is not a sport car so I don't expect to give those G-force cornering. What I like is smoothness,quietness and its acceleration. I like the look inside and out. visibility is great.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 5, GLK350
I chose the GLK over X3 over in Vancouver simply because I needed a car and couldn't wait for December to see the new X3 however, at it currently stands, BMW Canada doesn't want my business either. I go to a local BMW store, they dont feel like serving me because I'm in sports wear before going to the gym and even when I'm in normal wear, they dont serve me willingly even when I'm trying to get a car for my mother, BMW Canada calls me to set up an appointment for the "personalization" service, the dealership I chose further away never called and when BMW Canada called again, I just told em I bought something else. I also tried phoning a family friend's sales at that dealership before BMW Canada was sorting me out, nope didn't call back after I left a voice mail.
In the exact opposite, Mercedes Dealerships I've gone to were very welcoming and actually helped and guided me through the GLK and gave me test drives. Because of this good service, happily went through with a smooth deal.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:55 AM

GLK 350
Smile

Originally Posted by kyoshiro
I chose the GLK over X3 over in Vancouver simply because I needed a car and couldn't wait for December to see the new X3 however, at it currently stands, BMW Canada doesn't want my business either. I go to a local BMW store, they dont feel like serving me because I'm in sports wear before going to the gym and even when I'm in normal wear, they dont serve me willingly even when I'm trying to get a car for my mother, BMW Canada calls me to set up an appointment for the "personalization" service, the dealership I chose further away never called and when BMW Canada called again, I just told em I bought something else. I also tried phoning a family friend's sales at that dealership before BMW Canada was sorting me out, nope didn't call back after I left a voice mail.
In the exact opposite, Mercedes Dealerships I've gone to were very welcoming and actually helped and guided me through the GLK and gave me test drives. Because of this good service, happily went through with a smooth deal.
Totally summed up my situation too. Went to Brian Jessel BMW first to look at X3; they told me straight up the redesign was coming in the new year, but still wouldn't budge at all on the price of the current X3 (drove ok, but the interior felt really outdated and bare). The pictures they showed me of the 2011 X3 looked alright, but it seemed to me like the X3 was no longer in the same category so to speak not just due to the size increase, but the pricing increase as well (the X1 conversely looked too small). Service at BMW wasn't very impressive either; the first sales guy I talked to ditched me halfway through to deal with a "VIP" and left me with a junior sales which was pretty lame (the guy DID end up getting back to me via the phone......2 weeks later after I had already went with my GLK ).

Went to the MB dealer the next day, test drove the GLK and was pretty much sold the minute I got inside. Service was a lot friendlier; didn't make me feel like I was just a lowly "new" customer that was only looking at their entry level SUV. I guess the stars all aligned too because they just so happened to have a 2011 GLK in stock with the major configurations/color I wanted so I wouldn't have to wait 3 months for the car and miss the winter season (which was one of the reasons I wanted to look at a 4wd SUV).
Old 10-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Mazda 5, GLK350
Originally Posted by BestorNicht
Totally summed up my situation too. Went to Brian Jessel BMW first to look at X3; they told me straight up the redesign was coming in the new year, but still wouldn't budge at all on the price of the current X3 (drove ok, but the interior felt really outdated and bare). The pictures they showed me of the 2011 X3 looked alright, but it seemed to me like the X3 was no longer in the same category so to speak not just due to the size increase, but the pricing increase as well (the X1 conversely looked too small). Service at BMW wasn't very impressive either; the first sales guy I talked to ditched me halfway through to deal with a "VIP" and left me with a junior sales which was pretty lame (the guy DID end up getting back to me via the phone......2 weeks later after I had already went with my GLK ).

Went to the MB dealer the next day, test drove the GLK and was pretty much sold the minute I got inside. Service was a lot friendlier; didn't make me feel like I was just a lowly "new" customer that was only looking at their entry level SUV. I guess the stars all aligned too because they just so happened to have a 2011 GLK in stock with the major configurations/color I wanted so I wouldn't have to wait 3 months for the car and miss the winter season (which was one of the reasons I wanted to look at a 4wd SUV).
Autowest Richmond BMW is worse, no one came but yeah i opted for Brian Jessel for the BMW "Experience" but nope nothing.
I had to wait for my GLK (2nd 2011 shipment) but I got it yesterday. Same spec as yours minus AMG pack and Navi. I wanted Navi but all taken and didn't need the AMG pack. Amazing how the whole boat was of GLKs was sold except the one I got and a black one. Mercedes +1 BMW -1
Attached Thumbnails Anyone switched from X3 to GLK?-66603_722898393871_21009006_44074371_7920454_n.jpg  
Old 10-08-2010, 07:54 PM

GLK 350
Smile

Nice man!

Yeah it is pretty crazy how most if not all the 2011's coming into dealers are already sold/reserved. That is why I pretty much jumped to the sale when I found they had one at the dealer new with almost everything I wanted. I guess the only caveat to not having to wait is giving up some options like the camera; oh well, c'est la vie.

I wonder if we'll see a huge influx of 2011 GLKs on the road in the next 3 months. So far I've only seen one other 2011 on the street; the others I've seen (and there are a lot of GLK drivers ) are 2010 or older.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
A little off topic, is it true that the new 2011 Canadian GLK don't have front fog lights as they're replaced by DRL?
Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 AM

Mazda 5, GLK350
Originally Posted by W210
A little off topic, is it true that the new 2011 Canadian GLK don't have front fog lights as they're replaced by DRL?
if you get the bi-xenon lights or the AMG package
Old 10-09-2010, 09:37 AM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
the x3s bumpers look ugly and I dont really feel it drives handles significantly better than my car, also the quality isnt up to MBZ level and the X3 interior is poop The GLk and old School Gelandwagen are the only MBZ SUVs not built in Alabama
Old 10-09-2010, 01:21 PM

2010 Mercedes GLK 350
My wife had an X3, then switched to a 328xi, then we bought a GLK.

Of course the 328xi handled better and was more fun to drive, followed by the X3. The GLK handles differently of course, but is nice in it's own right.

Overall my wife prefers the GLK to both of the BMW's, and I have to agree.

The GLK is a great combination of looks, utility, and is still a joy to drive.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM

2011 GLK350
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
the X3 interior is poop
Quoted because it's true and made me laugh, too!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:23 PM

GLK 350
Talking

Originally Posted by KenNinBC
Quoted because it's true and made me laugh, too!
Hahaha...Open up the navigation storage compartment on the X3 and what do you find?....Nope not a Navi Screen...just a "convenient" place to set up your own ipod dock (at your own additional cost) . Either that or it just turns into another glove box for junk as I've recently seen in quite a few X3's on the road.