GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Bluetooth and the Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Bluetooth and the Radio

I got into the car this morning started it up and started to back it out of the garage. I usually leave the radio in the on position, the radio started playing (Sirius) at which point my BlackBerry starts to make its connection. Works that way every day. When the BB made its connection the radio muted. I pushed the mute button on the steering wheel and the Comand system displayed "Microphone Off" pushed it again and it said "Microphone On". This is the message you get when you mute your phone during a conversation. Anyway i then decided to turn my phone off, when I did the radio started to play. Turned of the radio figuring it needed to reboot. That didn't help. Turned off the car and restarted, that didn't work either. As soon as I turned off Bluetooth option in the car the radio started to work. One thing I did notice in the Bluetooth menu it would not let me look at the connected devices it was grayed out. Short of calling MB has anyone ever had this problem? Was there a quick fix?
Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S600,GLK350,528i,G35,X3,C320,330i
BT need speakers that's why radio has to be on. Otherwise after BT linked how it auto relays in/outcoming calls ? You can push the Telephone button on the console instead of Radio button.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 AM

GLK
My wife and I both have BBs too. I haven't seen ours do that.

If I am reading the question correctly, yours has been working fine for some time but all of a sudden started to give those symptoms.

I would suggest unpairing the BB and re-pairing and see if that helps.

As part of the initial pairing process, the Comand and BB have to figure out which BT services are available on each other. One or the other device may have lost the appropriate services list or lost or corrupted one of the service definitions. (Note: this is hopefully an "English" explanation of what happens, even if I have some of the technical terms slightly wrong.)

By re-pairing it, they should sort out which services are available. Should be worth a quick re-pair to see if that helps?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 PM

2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
MilesBFree I would like to unpair the phone but in the Bluetooth menu the option to see paired devices is grayed out. When I get home from my road trip I have another phone that is paired to the car, I'll see if that acts the same way.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 PM

I unpaired and re-paired the phone with the car. Never worked, every time I paired my BB with the car the radio went silent. Tried my LG phone which is my non business phone and that seemed to work fine. Was ready to give up. I decided to unpair the phone and see if there was an upgrade for my BB. Knowing full well that my BB has worked with the car since I got it earlier ths year. I downloaded a new version (took a couple of hours) set up the phone (changed the name of the phone) and re-paired it with the car. Strange but,........it worked.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:15 PM

GLK
Glad to hear you got it to work.

My wife laughs when the car announces it has connected to "Crackberry". I would be disappointed if I had to change it, but good to know what I need to know in case mine ever gets hosed.