GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Cabin filter replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML350
Cabin filter replacement

Hey guys and gals I just got my service B done at House of Imports (239.00) with 100 dollar coupon good till end of october for anyone interested. My question is where is the cabin filter and how do you access it, I ask cause my engine is dirty and the only clean spots are the oil cap and windshield washer tank so it seems like nothing else was touched but those two things. Did I get hosed and all they did was the oil change, tire rot. and topping off washer fluid when they have a long list of B.S. they check.

I would like to check the cabin filter to see if they actually changed it so I need some assistance on where its at and how to pull it out.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM

2014 ML350
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM

2009 Subaru WRX & 2010 C63
Originally Posted by CLK 2 GLK
Hey guys and gals I just got my service B done at House of Imports (239.00) with 100 dollar coupon good till end of october for anyone interested. My question is where is the cabin filter and how do you access it, I ask cause my engine is dirty and the only clean spots are the oil cap and windshield washer tank so it seems like nothing else was touched but those two things. Did I get hosed and all they did was the oil change, tire rot. and topping off washer fluid when they have a long list of B.S. they check.

I would like to check the cabin filter to see if they actually changed it so I need some assistance on where its at and how to pull it out.

Thanks.

The item circled is your pollen filter, or in the MB verbage the "combination filter." Check to see if they billed you for 212-830-02-18. That is the part number. The list price of this part is $49.50. Installation should be pretty easy, with it's removal and installation being able to be done without the removal of the glovebox. I could be incorrect about this one... Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails Cabin filter replacement-pollenfilter.jpg  
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM

2014 ML350
DJ that is the correct part number on my invoice so now the question is did they actually change it ?. So who knows how to get to this and pull it out so I can see for my self.

Only reason I want to do this is it doesn't look like they checked all the things they are suppose to check like it says in my first post. For a 250 dollar oil change/cabin filter not so happy so I expect them to amuse me and check what is required to check per Mercedes guidelines.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 PM

DJ that is the correct part number on my invoice so now the question is did they actually change it ?. So who knows how to get to this and pull it out so I can see for my self.

Only reason I want to do this is it doesn't look like they checked all the things they are suppose to check like it says in my first post. For a 250 dollar oil change/cabin filter not so happy so I expect them to amuse me and check what is required to check per Mercedes guidelines.
The only way to double check this is to pull the filter out and double check it. Otherwise, it is really hard to say. If you know someone who is really good with cars have them do a once over. See what they have to say. If not, bring your concerns back to the repair shop. They should have a point check list, simple as for a copy. Does this help?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:56 PM

2014 ML350
Originally Posted by DJ_VernonJ
The only way to double check this is to pull the filter out and double check it.
How and where is it.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:05 PM

How and where is it.
See the base of the filter? That is plastic. Simple climb under the dash, find that elongated covering and pull down on it. There should be a series of 4 tabs that you should be able to squeeze down, thus allowing it to drop out of the air box.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:20 PM

2014 ML350
Thanks DJ as soon as the wife gets home I will check it out and report my findings.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded

Thanks.

Go here: https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...in-filter.html and look at post #13 for a link.

I wish you newbies would learn how to use the search tool.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
"I wish you newbies would learn how to use the search tool." - MBRedux

that's why you are here to help as always.....