GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK 300 4MATIC SPORTPACKGE , no offroad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
530i bmw
GLK 300 4MATIC SPORTPACKGE , no offroad?

hi guys

i just order a GLK 300 2011 full option nav back camera & ....black metalic with a sports pakage extirior &interior biege with fabric trim as the sales man told me put he will bring it to showroom to look at , my important Q ireally need the off road button so as i see the brousher and website they mention "the optional off-road engineering package (not compatible with the Sports package"

so what you think guys the sport packge will not serve the roads problem will be as regular CAR ?!

please ineed details about the sportpackge preforumns on the roads

thanx

thanks

Last edited by ksa-sun; 12-10-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
What country are you from?

Also I'm not sure I understand your question. Is your question if sport package will work well on the roads? The answer is yes.

we don't have off-road option or sport package in US or canada. We also don't have GLK 300. US/Canada models are 350 only.

There are a few member from Europe who might be able to answer.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM

530i bmw
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
What country are you from?

Also I'm not sure I understand your question. Is your question if sport package will work well on the roads? The answer is yes.

we don't have off-road option or sport package in US or canada. We also don't have GLK 300. US/Canada models are 350 only.

There are a few member from Europe who might be able to answer.

iam from middel east "saudi arabia" yes my question is the sports package preformed well on the bad roods off rods as the off-rods engineering package ?, and what can i get from this sport package preformance wise ?

check this links

http://www.juffali.mercedes-benz.com...ages.0005.html

thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
i think offroad just adds skid plates, and downhill assist, which lets you roll down a steep hill without sliding. I think that's about it.

Sport package will just add biggier wheels with wider tires for better grip, and some cosmetic things, that's about it.

I think somebody on this forum had both packages...see this thread and scroll down a bit.
https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ading-glk.html
Old 12-10-2010, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
--
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
i think offroad just adds skid plates, and downhill assist, which lets you roll down a steep hill without sliding. I think that's about it.

Sport package will just add biggier wheels with wider tires for better grip, and some cosmetic things, that's about it.
Pretty much correct, but there are 2 different "offroad" packages, at least in Germany. One is called "Offroad-Styling-Paket (package)" and is, as the name implies, more for design. This can be ordered with 19 inch wheels.
The second one is called "Offroad-Technik-Paket (technic package)" and includes downhill assist and some other "hardware" items. It can't be combined with the "Sport-Paket (package) Exterieur" and "AMG Sport-Paket (package) Exterieur". Also not available for the (european only) models GLK 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY und GLK 220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (both are Diesel).

From the German MB website: "
http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...ages.0002.html"

Side note:
During my research I found out, that you can't get the GLK in the UK because of the fact that MB doesn't produce it with right hand drive (yet).
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GLK 220CDI 4M BlueEFFICIENCY
Originally Posted by allanX204
Side note:
During my research I found out, that you can't get the GLK in the UK because of the fact that MB doesn't produce it with right hand drive (yet).
I wonder if they ever will, as the transfer case is located/connected on/to the right side of the transmission/engine
Old 12-11-2010, 04:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
--
Originally Posted by GLKKa2H
I wonder if they ever will, as the transfer case is located/connected on/to the right side of the transmission/engine
That was stated as the problem why MB hasn't done it yet. Obviously MB is working on it. How? I don't know. The market for RHD is big.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM

glk 300 & B 170
Don t worry about car when off road worry about tyres

Mercedes sells that car with 100% on road summer tyres.Rear axle different than front (255/45/19 back 235/50/19 front).There are no tyres capable for off road for the rear axle.My advice , first chance change rims to rear axle to mach the front,the manual book says it's ok, then choose an all season set of tyres capable for a litle off road and your good to go.(same goes for winter tyres many choises for the front but almost none for the back)