GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK running boards - Is this OEM? (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK
Originally Posted by nickEl
Those are definitely not Mercedes Benz parts. I have no idea how well made those knock-offs are, but for $100 more you could have had the real thing. Here's what the Mercedes running board box/packaging looks like:

I hope you can get your money back.

Nick
Thank you so much for posting these pics Nick.
I may end up having to ship that crap to that lousy idiot. Lesson learned.
More mad at eBay. They should clean this up. Why should I have to worry about the quality of the item if it's listed as 'NEW' and 'OEM'?

~Raj
Old 12-03-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350, 98 BMW 328is, M3
Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
To clarify,

" Definition: OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.
Does that clear it up? Probably not. Acronyms are funny like that. The real definition is easy to understand. OEM is usualy used when referring to auto parts. If a part is called OEM, it was made by the manufacturer to be used in your car when it was new, and can be bought later to replace a broken part. For instance, if you drive a Ford, an OEM window crank was built by Ford to be used in your car. The window crank you see hanging on the rack in the auto parts store is not an OEM part, because it was manufactured by somebody else and only used to replace the window crank Ford installed on the assembly line.

Since nothing is as simple as it could be, there's more. Sometimes Ford hires an outside company to produce all of their window cranks for that year. Let's say they hire Acme Parts to make them. In this case, Acme is the OEM supplier for window cranks, making them official Ford parts since they were installed on the assembly line. So they can sell Ford window cranks later, under the Acme Parts name, and still call them OEM window cranks."

It could be that these are OEM look-alikes and/or they are suppliers to MB and therefore they are not able to provide manuals or anything of MB logo on it due to laws preventing them to do so.

Finally, f.y.i.

Mercedes GLK-Class Running Boards

A204-690-0675

$491.04US
Genuine Mercedes GLK-Class 2010-2011 accessory

sold at mercedes.dealerfit.com

Uh, have you seen the site lately??? it went up. Same freakly price like my Dealer charge, except for they charged 105 F---- dollars for shipping. I went to my MB Dealer, 560 out the door with the 10% discount.