GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Navigation System Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Do you really have to have it tell you the street name when it tells you to turn in 200 m? The screen shows the name if you really need it. I personally would rather listen to my music than constantly be talked to by the navigation.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 E350 4Matic, '11 GLK350 4Matic
The feature I miss the most is the current road speed limit, like my Garmin 1450 has. Other than that, I think the Nav system is pretty good overall.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by cindyclk
Do you really have to have it tell you the street name when it tells you to turn in 200 m? The screen shows the name if you really need it. I personally would rather listen to my music than constantly be talked to by the navigation.
Well yes I would want to hear it. To people who doesn't listened to radio that much like me it mattter. It also confirms that the direction is right as you can confirm the street that the germanic toned lady is directing you to go with the street or road name posted on the street poles. How many countless times that people receives direction from a gps that has a wrong street name or worst doesn't exist? It is also a distraction to drivers to look at the screen to confirm the street which is a safety issue, that's why the street names are being said by almost all nav systems nowadays to remove the distraction from the driver.

To people like you who doesn't want to listen to the voice that much a "turn off street names" option on the guidance is not a bad option but who knows why merc didn't have it is a guess to all of us.I think that the software engineer didn't get his salary raised so he kept some of the features out to **** everyone just to get even with big daddy merc.