GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Longer cable for the iPod integration kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300
Longer cable for the iPod integration kit

So my new GLK has the iPod kit. So rather than just an Aux cable, there is a thicker cable that plugs into the glove box and the other end has the standard 30 pin connector. Does anyone know if you could get a longer cable or has anyone tried the extender cable made by CableJive?

http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dock...4081329&sr=8-1

I don't want to keep my iPhone in the glove box so that is why I'm asking.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 PM

GLK 350
I used a dock extension cable similar to this. Works fine. Routed the cable through the bottom of the glove box and up the side of the console.

Got a vent mount for the iphone, so I can see texts and email, etc. and launch pandora.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 PM

2011 GLK 350
Dock Extender Data/Charging Cable for All iPod/iPhone 2G/3G/3GS - Black (80CM) works for me.

Also have Anycom FIPO that seems to be even better solution (though audio quality may suffer). You still have basic back/forward controls from the wheel, but better song view and selection controls on iPhone screen itself instead of this awful text line on the instrument cluster MB designed for that iPod "integration" kit joke.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 PM

2018 GLC 300
Thanks for the replies. Got the cable extender from CableJive and it works great. Works with both iphone 3GS and iphone 4. I've attached some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Longer cable for the iPod integration kit-img_0462.jpg   Longer cable for the iPod integration kit-img_0460.jpg   Longer cable for the iPod integration kit-img_0458.jpg   Longer cable for the iPod integration kit-img_0457.jpg  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:40 PM

GL450
Originally Posted by doob
Dock Extender Data/Charging Cable for All iPod/iPhone 2G/3G/3GS - Black (80CM) works for me.

Also have Anycom FIPO that seems to be even better solution (though audio quality may suffer). You still have basic back/forward controls from the wheel, but better song view and selection controls on iPhone screen itself instead of this awful text line on the instrument cluster MB designed for that iPod "integration" kit joke.
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I`m in the same situation, looking for extender and not really want to spend 32$ on a cable extender after just spending $300 on a MIP. I bought this one from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330543377517...ht_1329wt_1156

and it doesnt work, doesnt show charge or that iPhone 4S is connected. However if I connect it to the microUSB with the adapter that MIP came with, it charges.

So i want to make sure that the one linked above (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dock-ex...ack-80cm-30394) actually works with iPhone 4S and extending the MIP plugged in original cable, for both charging and using iPOD function. If there is another cable that some one is aware and works (preferable black) please let me know.

Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks you.