GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Rear seat belt stuck with seat folded down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eventual GLK?
Rear seat belt stuck with seat folded down

This morning I folded the rear seats down to make room for some golf. When I tried to raise the left rear seat back up the seat belt remains taught and won't release any slack. I can lift the seat about 3" and that's it.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Is the seat belt latch plate locked into the buckle?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Sometimes the actuator engages if you pull on the belt too quickly, (or raise the seat too quickly if the belt is attached.) Do it slowly or free the belt from the seat.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eventual GLK?
Thanks for the suggestions, gents. It turns out that my middle seat belt is missing the "black plastic button thing". Apparently, that little plastic thing keeps the belt from retracting too much. Without it the belt gets sucked into the seat never to be seen again.

They have to order a new seat belt and then the service guy said it's about 3 hours of work to replace.

I don't know if this was a factory defect or if it broke/popped off during the amp installation under the seat. The belt has never been engaged because nobody has used the middle seat.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by mbthom
Thanks for the suggestions, gents. It turns out that my middle seat belt is missing the "black plastic button thing". Apparently, that little plastic thing keeps the belt from retracting too much. Without it the belt gets sucked into the seat never to be seen again.

They have to order a new seat belt and then the service guy said it's about 3 hours of work to replace.

I don't know if this was a factory defect or if it broke/popped off during the amp installation under the seat. The belt has never been engaged because nobody has used the middle seat.

Ahhhhh! The plastic thingy strikes again!