GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

“iPhone Integration Kit” or “Media Interface Plus”

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
“iPhone Integration Kit” or “Media Interface Plus”

Just took delivery of a new 2011 GLK 4matic diesel, love it!
I have the Command APS, Linguatronic, H/K speaker upgrade as well as the glove box “media interface”, I thought all of these electronic features should be enough to give me a complete hands-free system. Unfortunately I didn’t do enough research to realize that MB had problems synchronizing phone book contacts between iPhone and the Command system via Bluetooth. I should have asked my dealer for a factory installed center console phone (if that is available on the GLK?).
But, is there any way of getting the iPhone fully integrated with my car? I have read about two different accessories from MB, the “iPhone integration kit” as well as the “Media Interface Plus”. The “iPhone integration kit” comes with a nice docking cradle, but judging from the pictures this cradle is for the center console and I have not been able to find any connection sockets around there… what are my options?
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
The iTronic BT will also fill the bill here. You can see it on our site.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300
The iPhone Integration Kit allows the COMMAND screen to show the iPhone or iPod music screen. Since the 30pin Apple cable is in the glovebox, you can buy a longer cable from CableJive if you want to place your iPhone somewhere else. You can look at this link to see what I did. https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ation-kit.html

Regarding calls, I just paired my iPhone with my GLK when I first got it and it works fine. The iPhone can not export contacts via Bluetooth. You can either use a different phone/device for the export process like a blackberry or a macbook or you can import your contacts via COMMAND using the SD card slot.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
The iPhone will export contacts with the Viseeo MB-2 just for general information for readers. Many of the MB pucks (dongles) will not do it.

If you are interested in the IIK that gegori mentions, you can even enhance that with an AnyStream and get wireless Bluetooth streaming, like you can with the iTronic BT.

So you have a few options, depending on what functionality you want.