GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Zimmermann Brake Rotors Good or Bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by GLKMM
Unfortunately you Mbredux could not answer the questions!... Or whatever since you have not managed a single time to answer the questions.
Sorry you feel that way. But have you noticed that it was I, the only member here with the courtesy to spend the time to answer your rather simpleton questions? We all must deal with the possibility of disappointment when the response is not what we wished or expected to hear. So maybe you should read the responses again, because in fact they do answer your questions and then some! The only difference is, I don't lose my cool as easily as you have well demonstrated.

By the way, just because something is made in Germany doesn't automatically guarantee its quality either.

Break = broken
Brake = to stop

Ciao...

Last edited by MBRedux; 07-23-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iii
Hahahaaaaa... you are in denial... DENIAL...
Maybe Sigmund Freud could help you
Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Are we trying to see who can win here. There are only opinions mixed with some facts. So GLK let it rest and I am sure the MBR will do the same. There are no winners here.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 PM

GLK
Hahahaaaaa... you are in denial... DENIAL...
Maybe Sigmund Freud could help you
Shhh ...Hold it!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:36 PM

GLK
Unfortunately you Mbredux could not answer the questions!... Or whatever since you have not managed a single time to answer the questions.
That's what he does ... I mean doesn't
Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 PM

GLK
Originally Posted by MBRedux
... And that cheap iron can be detected by a good mod jobber or mechanic at the time of purchase, that is if they know their stuff

YAH! This is how we do it

Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 PM

GLK
Because of an unfortunate argument arisen over the use of Zimmermann brake rotors, I am simply asking for opinions of the brand. Good or Bad ?!?
They are just fine for every day use. I used them on my e46 and had no complains. Just as many-many others on e46fanatics.com.
Randy Steele likes them. Check out what he has to say about Zimmermann.
Every Porsche nut will know of pelicanparts.com. And these guys carry Zimmermann as well.
The picture MBRedux used from is not telling whole story. Here's the original post. Or better yet, read whole thread.

And this is where Otto Zimmermann will actually agree with MBRedux
Notice two current TUV certificates in the bottom of the page? I'd take them over any simpleminded "no" (or "yes" for that matter) at any time forever ever.

Last edited by ruber0id; 07-28-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by ruber0id
They are just fine for every day use.
The picture MBRedux used from is not telling whole story. Here's the original post.
Actually, when we remove Zim rotors as well as other makes from our clients cars, my team and I don't take pictures of them before we throw them in the trash. But if anyone here wishes to have a set on their car, I'm not going to stop you that's for sure. In fact, if you wish to pay for shipping, I'll save the next set we take off and you can have them for free... that is if they'll fit.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is actually a no brainer. The fifth point is typically the center of the cross brace. The lifts we use have a swing out arm that connects to the opposite end... then with an adjustable 6" pad that slides in four directions, it can be used to lift at any 5th point. We typically use it to support our cars across the center transverse brace to prevent flex. We're not a repair shop. Our professional and very picky clients appreciate the extra care we show to their performance vehicles.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM

GLK
This is actually a no brainer. The fifth point is typically the center of the cross brace. The lifts we use have a swing out arm that connects to the opposite end... then with an adjustable 6" pad that slides in four directions, it can be used to lift at any 5th point. We typically use it to support our cars across the center transverse brace to prevent flex. We're not a repair shop. Our professional and very picky clients appreciate the extra care we show to their performance vehicles.
Picture or BS!
But do it in the original thread, please
Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 PM

GLK
What the beep is that supposed to mean?! I don't understand what you are saying, so let me digest bit by bit.

Actually, when we remove Zim rotors as well as other makes from our clients cars, my team and I don't take pictures of them before we throw them in the trash.
That's a shocker!! Wow, and you suppose you are different from everybody ease's auto shop business? I'd check with my local Jiffy Lube, but I'm positive they do the same. I'd suggest you immediately review and change your operations so your " ... professional and very picky clients appreciate the extra care you show to their performance vehicles." And why those vehicles comes with Zim rotors in the first place if they are high-performance?

... But if anyone here wishes to have a set on their car, I'm not going to be able to stop you that's for sure.
There, fixed. This is America! for God's sake!!

In fact, if you wish to pay for shipping, I'll save the next set we take off and you can have them for free... that is if they'll fit.
Could I trade in my 8 liters of Mobil1 from my next oil change? Oh, dung, guess not - it won't be Mobil-1 Formula-M 5w-40
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Picture or BS!
But do it in the original thread, please
What the beep is that supposed to mean?! I don't understand what you are saying, so let me digest bit by bit.

That's a shocker!! Wow, and you suppose you are different from everybody ease's auto shop business? I'd check with my local Jiffy Lube, but I'm positive they do the same. I'd suggest you immediately review and change your operations so your " ... professional and very picky clients appreciate the extra care you show to their performance vehicles." And why those vehicles comes with Zim rotors in the first place if they are high-performance?

There, fixed. This is America! for God's sake!!

Could I trade in my 8 liters of Mobil1 from my next oil change? Oh, dung, guess not - it won't be Mobil-1 Formula-M 5w-40

wow!... you take care now!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 PM

GLK
wow!... you take care now!
take it easy
Old 07-29-2011, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Mbredux, that's what you get for not giving the right answer. The guy wanted to hear that Zims are good rotors because he put them on his GLK, and you said they are crap. Of course he is pissed now...
Old 07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Mbredux, that's what you get for not giving the right answer. The guy wanted to hear that Zims are good rotors because he put them on his GLK, and you said they are crap. Of course he is pissed now...
"Right answer"? Well then if all they're looking for is what they wish to hear, then I guess they're in the WRONG freaking place. When is honesty considered the wrong answer these days anyway? Maybe they're Tea Partyers or something looking for fights on the Internet? Geezzzz who do these clowns think they are with such hate and hostility? But it's actually entertaining in some ways watching them melt down from time to time. I love the fact they think I must answer to them.....

take it easy
I see you forgot to take your...

...today, kid.

Last edited by MBRedux; 07-30-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:57 AM

GLK
yawn ...that's sorta predictable with you
...but why revert to insults - everybody and their donkeys can do it, right?

Last edited by ruber0id; 07-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ It's okay, I fully understand! The PM's I've received confirms a mutual observation. We all agree that for someone with such conviction as you, you shy away from posting even a basic profile on yourself.... strange... and yet very "predictable" with confrontational types!

PS Don't bother trying to fix it. It's too late. Many here already have you pegged as a trouble maker.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
yawn ...that's sorta predictable with you
...but why revert to insults - everybody and their donkeys can do it, right?

Wow, look who's talking!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 PM

GLK
^ It's okay, I fully understand! The PM's I've received confirms a mutual observation. We all agree that for someone with such conviction as you, you shy away from posting even a basic profile on yourself.... strange... and yet very "predictable" with confrontational types!

PS Don't bother trying to fix it. It's too late. Many here already have you pegged as a trouble maker.

ha-ha, since when calling out BS will peg one a trouble maker? no need to feel insecure - there are only friends here.
...Profile? It's just because there's nothing really special about me. Just as it is about you. Adding "fully loaded" to your GLK would be like "mine is bigger then yours" game for us kids. Rest of it is just irrelevant to this forum, be it a GT-R or GTI. I did not brake forum rules for that, did I?

So, have you posted a pic of your "five point hydraulic lift" already?
Or better yet, let's stay on the topic. What is bad that you know about Zimmermann's that TUV doesn't? Be specific, point at sources, provide solid data, try to stay away from straying into brilliant delirious rave you let out in post #18, just like in case with pelicanparts.com forum, couldn't you just give us a link to wiki page about cast iron? But most important, try try try to focus on the topic of this thread. Ritalin is the *****. Take two if you must.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 PM

GLK
Originally Posted by rmfnla
Wow, look who's talking!
... you know, you are right, rmnla, thank you

I guess I just got carried away a bit - I apologize to anybody for such my childish behavior. It stops here.

Last edited by ruber0id; 07-29-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Last edited by MBRedux; 07-31-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:27 AM
Banned

iii
Originally Posted by MKenM
Are we trying to see who can win here. There are only opinions mixed with some facts. So GLK let it rest and I am sure the MBR will do the same. There are no winners here.
AGAIN.... Unfortunately ma man you are wrong this time... He will not give up no matter how much info he'll be givven and he's supporters will bash us as well...
Old 07-31-2011, 04:36 AM
Banned

iii
I would really like to see the credibility of the bashing towards the Zimmermans, but from an engineering point not some charlatan who believes he is wright and likes to bash a product used by Porsche and BMW and Audi and VW and many more germans...
AGAIN... JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE IT, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT WORST... You have not been able to show solid scientific proof of your claims but just googled up images of broken rotors, something I did as well with many other brands and as well as race rotors... and as a matter of fact the ones from brembo as well..., soooooooooo unless you are an "AUTOMOTIVE BRAKES ENGINEER.., YOU SHOULD SIMPLY GIVE IT A REST AS OTHERS SUGGESTED IT..."
Old 07-31-2011, 04:44 AM
Banned

iii
Oh, by the way I wrote again because I noticed... Actually I was trying to erase myself from this forum, since I tried to be helpful but found out that it is not wise to interfere with ones who try to express their complexes... Unfortunately I am stuck with the closed mindedness of some of you and if I write or not it does not really matter, I might include myself as a defender once in a wile, but do not count on me...
Old 07-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Banned

iii
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Do you even have experience... I speak from experience and that is a satisfactory one, it seems you speak from the back side of you..., but you find it quite satisfactory as well... You must realy enjoy it output, input, whatever...!!!
PS" I do work for the dealer..., and that is the factory dealer !!! My position does not really matter, but why siding with MBR, is he the S**T...??? And you must be another scientific walkie talky, since you know right away a product is no good because another suburban neighbor says so...!!!!"
PS2...DiDo... MBredux is pissed because I don't agree with he's insults..?
You know it works both ways... You guys are soooo gullible... but any how, who am I to say... Keep going to the dealer and replacing your rotors with factory ones,(by the way they are a $100 cheaper online) I will post that picture of my original brand new ones that the car came with when I bough it... THEY WERE BROOOOOKEEEEN AFTER 14000 MILES... DO YOU UNDERSTAND MEEEEE.??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

Last edited by GLKMM; 07-31-2011 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Others do not understand English...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zimmermann Brake Rotors Good or Bad