GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Can I find a 2011/12 with ONLY lighting package or minimally optioned with lighting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3, sti, ML
Can I find a 2011/12 with ONLY lighting package or minimally optioned with lighting?

Hi Guys,

New to Mercedes-Benz. Looking for a GLK/W4 and have heard good things about them. I'm wondering if you guys thought it would be possible for me to find a 2011/12 sitting on a dealer lot with only lighting package, or minimally optioned with lighting package. My fiancee will do some commuting on the windy roads of the taconic(NY) and I thought it would be a good idea. I'm primarily interested in leasing and the August numbers for the 11's were attractive - don't know about the Sept numbers for the 11's or 12's, and not sure if they're still running the conquest program.

I've done some research here and it appears that most of you have had difficulty finding a GLK with lighting (even a heavily optioned one), or any other MB with lighting for that matter. I know I'd be able to do it if i individually spec'ed one, but I'd rather like to find one on the dealer lot, as individually ordering one may take some time.

Any of you wish you didn't get lighting?

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
We have it because it was there, but not a deal breaker IMO. Plus these options are sometimes regional, where MB marketing experts determine the best way to outfit the car for the demographic market it will be sold in. Do an internet search will a far greater range to see if you can find the car the way you prefer. At least you'll know if it even exists if its too far away! Good luck!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM

2012 GLK 350
I had a very hard time finding the lighting package, ended up not getting it.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by da_coolestofall
I had a very hard time finding the lighting package, ended up not getting it.
It is a rare option. I have these on our bmws and so it's hard to justify buying a Mercedes without one.

I found one but it's heavily loaded as u said above, $50k mrsp for 2011.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by MBRedux
We have it because it was there, but not a deal breaker IMO. Plus these options are sometimes regional, where MB marketing experts determine the best way to outfit the car for the demographic market it will be sold in. Do an internet search will a far greater range to see if you can find the car the way you prefer. At least you'll know if it even exists if its too far away! Good luck!

That's why I was so thrilled that all the GLKs at my Southern California dealership were equipped with heated seats...

Xenon lights would have been my 1st - 50th choice before them...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
I have the lighting package and would not go without it. If you plan to do a fair amount of night driving you will find the Active Curve Illumination on the Bi-Xenon's a great benefit especially if you are on local streets vs the highway. Not only are they brighter they are steering directional.

As far as other options are concerned most people would not want a "stripped" vehicle. They don't have much call for them. If you are going to lease the GLK the dealer wants something that has appeal after it comes off lease if he chooses to put it on the lot if not wholesale is the next stop.

I would recommend the lighting package and the balance is a plus. The options should not make the lease $$ unreasonable.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
I agree 100%
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 PM

m3, sti, ML
Thanks for the input guys. I'll begin my search!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDi 2k SLK230 Designo 04 SLK 320 Final Edition 2010 GLK350 06 VW Beetle TDi 2012 Plug In Prius
The waiting time for a special order was about three months when I had my X204 built to order. MB will not stop a buyer from getting what they want, but the dealer will try because they want to move inventory off the floor. My salesperson looked up a list of vehicles allocated to the dealer that were scheduled to be built and took one of the reserved slots and changed the build order to accommodate what I wanted. They appear to be able to change the build order up to a week before it is scheduled to be built. After it was built, it took a week to get it loaded on a ship and then it took about a month to get to the port of entry and made ready to ship to the dealer. The total waiting time was a little less than three months. If you can wait the three months why not get exactly what you want rather than getting what the dealer has to sell?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 AM

2010 GLK 350, 09 ZX6r race bike, 06 YZ250f
I'd have a hard time not getting the lighting package again-its incredibly stupid that it is not standard on these vehicles in the first place IMO.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spooner
I'd have a hard time not getting the lighting package again-its incredibly stupid that it is not standard on these vehicles in the first place IMO.
I agreed. It's a Mercedes and it has a p1, multimedia and sport packages which cost 2-3times more than the lighting yet it's not built in. It's quite dumb to me. I asked one sale rep and her reason was safety, lol..sure. It nots because they know people wants it and have to pay for it to get it.