Service A or Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GLK 4Matic, Honda Pilot EX-L
Service A or Reset

I'd like to ask some opinions.
I've a 2011 GLK AWD that is exactly a year old but only has 1150 miles on it, all of which were on the highway.
My Service A is due on the reminder. I'm driving it only occasionally. Should I have it done or simply reset it? If so, how do I reset it without performing the service? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 433 Likes on 356 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
You should change the oil and filter if nothing else. Basically Service A is an oil and filter change with other inspection. The oil should be changed annually regardless of mileage. I recommend that you have the service performed. That will also ensure your warranty is continued without argument.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
You definitely need to change the oil and filter. Just remember to document what you do for warranty records. If you don't follow the recommended schedule there is a remote possibility that you could void your warranty if you need work done to the drive train.

See the attached on how to reset the service reminder.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Service Reminder Reset 1.pdf (341.3 KB, 4508 views)
Old 09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Mort
You should change the oil and filter if nothing else. Basically Service A is an oil and filter change with other inspection. The oil should be changed annually regardless of mileage. I recommend that you have the service performed. That will also ensure your warranty is continued without argument.
This.... However, the law is on your side if you decide to service the car yourself... They cannot void your warranty for following the maintenance schedule to the letter... Keep all receipts and records... Save lots of time and money as well and there will never be a need for an argument.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by MBRedux
This.... However, the law is on your side if you decide to service the car yourself... They cannot void your warranty for following the maintenance schedule to the letter... Keep all receipts and records... Save lots of time and money as well and there will never be a need for an argument.
My point exactly. The last time my GLK was in for service (it was for other than routine maintenance) the service reminder was lit. I had them do some of the scheduled items but without an oil changes and some other items. I asked him to reset the reminder and he said we normally don't do that if we don't do the service. Just keep the records, and now you have the instructions to do the reset.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by MKenM
You definitely need to change the oil and filter. Just remember to document what you do for warranty records. If you don't follow the recommended schedule there is a remote possibility that you could void your warranty if you need work done to the drive train.

See the attached on how to reset the service reminder.

Thanks!