GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

How much do you think I can get for my used 20" appearance package wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK350
How much do you think I can get for my used 20" appearance package wheels

Hey guys just curious what do you think I could sell my 20" appearnce package wheels and tires for. Factory finish with good tires and tp sensors ? Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Onthelo
Hey guys just curious what do you think I could sell my 20" appearnce package wheels and tires for. Factory finish with good tires and tp sensors ? Thanks
Well these wheels are going for $300 each... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-GLK...-/200556123536

Add $100+/- bucks for the TPMS.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 PM

GLK350
Originally Posted by Onthelo
Let us know if you want to sell.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Please make sure that you post pictures for everyone to see.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:49 AM

None
MBWorld Wheel Classifieds had the 20" OEM wheels listed for sale between $650 - $900, depending on the listing. Sounds about right for these wheels since they cost $900 ish as an option on the GLK as the Appearance Pkg (however the package does include the aluminum roof rails as well).
Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Rob Steal
MBWorld Wheel Classifieds had the 20" OEM wheels listed for sale between $650 - $900, depending on the listing. Sounds about right for these wheels since they cost $900 ish as an option on the GLK as the Appearance Pkg (however the package does include the aluminum roof rails as well).
This is way off... I recently bought (over the summer) an entire OEM set (that's all 4 corners) for $1698.00 with S/H. They arrived in perfect condition without a scratch.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 AM

None
Originally Posted by MBRedux
This is way off... I recently bought (over the summer) an entire OEM set (that's all 4 corners) for $1698.00 with S/H. They arrived in perfect condition without a scratch.

Um, no. Your mother's way off. The Appearance package with the 20" wheels AND aluminum roof rails is $900ish.

http://www.vehix.com/car-reviews/201...ehicle-options

Granted that is apples and oranges since it is an upgrade from the 19's and an option package with the car. However, my pricing range above refers to the going rate/pricing of USED 20" wheels & tires in the Wheel Classifieds (that have sold), in this forum, using the search feature.

USED
wheels like the OP's.

You dig?

And anyways, I would say you overpaid for your stock wheels. I would NEVER pay nearly $2k for OEM wheels. Really? Just much better, higher quality aftermarket options out there to choose from for the same price or less. But that's just me I guess.

Maybe when I'm in my 40's or 50's and start going to bed at around 9pm, I may change my tune...
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM

GLK350
So buy a GLK with 20" wheels then ask the dealer where the 19" wheels are. You get both the 19" and 20" wheels since you paid $900 more, right? Sorry, but no. You paid $900 more to 'upgrade' 19" wheels to 20" and plastic roof rails to aluminum roof rails (all of which is well worth it).

And anyways, I would say you overpaid for your stock wheels. I would NEVER pay nearly $2k for OEM wheels. Really? Just much better, higher quality aftermarket options out there to choose from for the same price or less. But that's just me I guess.

Maybe when I'm in my 40's or 50's and start going to bed at around 9pm, I may change my tune...
Really? Have you seen the quality of the stock wheels? Much better than nearly all of the aftermarket wheels I've seen costing around $2K. BTW, 'better' in quality is mostly quantifiable (as in material used, workmanship, etc.), 'better' in looks is subjective. Arguing the subjective is a waste of time and something people of any age seem to often forget. And to clarify, 'looks' has nothing to do with 'quality'.

Oh, I'm much younger than 40 and go to bed around 3AM, but what does that really matter? However, unlike many people my age, as a professional in product design and development I know what quantifiable quality really is (hence the reason we bought a Mercedes with OEM wheels)...

Last edited by CJM Online; 02-15-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM

None
Originally Posted by CJM Online
So buy a GLK with 20" wheels then ask the dealer where the 19" wheels are. You get both the 19" and 20" wheels since you paid $900 more, right? Sorry, but no. You paid $900 more to 'upgrade' 19" wheels to 20" and plastic roof rails to aluminum roof rails (all of which is well worth it).

Really? Have you seen the quality of the stock wheels? Much better than nearly all of the aftermarket wheels I've seen costing around $2K. BTW, 'better' in quality is mostly quantifiable (as in material used, workmanship, etc.), 'better' in looks is subjective. Arguing the subjective is a waste of time and something people of any age seem to often forget. And to clarify, 'looks' has nothing to do with 'quality'.

Oh, I'm much younger than 40 and go to bed around 3AM, but what does that really matter? However, unlike many people my age, as a professional in product design and development I know what quantifiable quality really is (hence the reason we bought a Mercedes with OEM wheels)...
Um, I believe I did refer to that in my follow-up post. It was used for reference purposes only. My response was a follow-up the OP's question on the value of his used OEM wheels, for which I used the going rate for these SAME OEM wheels that HAVE sold in the Wheel Classifieds in this forum.

For someone who claims to be a design professional, your attention to detail is absurdly deficient.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM

GLK350

For someone who claims to be a design professional, your attention to detail is absurdly deficient.
Actually, it's not. If anything is absurdly deficient it's your 'positive' attitude in a number of posts on this forum to date.

Time to move on to a forum where they might actually appreciate your attitude (I've seen much of the same on the Hyundai Veloster forum...which gets 40 mpg and happens to address your concern of gas prices perfectly).

BTW, products I've designed and brought to market have sold in the tens of millions of units and there has yet to be a mistake or problem with a single one. Attention to detail; check.

And for a subjective opinion and response to the OP's question: Since you're talking wheels PLUS sensors and tires (the last few details Rob seemingly missed) I'd say closer to $1000+.

Last edited by CJM Online; 02-15-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
Um, no. Your mother's way off. ...
You dig?

Hey what do we have here ^^^?
An internet gangster - wigga most likely - wanting to hang with the GLK crowd.
& then trying to perp with the price of gas.
& then opining on middle east issues.

Hmmm: renaissance man?
Or just trying to swing above your lower tier in the food chain.

Keep jumping shorty.
Respect is earned here.
Mouthing off gets you some time in iso & a bottle of moisturizer.
But then you know too well about the latter.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 PM

None
Originally Posted by MBNA109
Hey what do we have here ^^^?
An internet gangster - wigga most likely - wanting to hang with the GLK crowd.
& then trying to perp with the price of gas.
& then opining on middle east issues.

Hmmm: renaissance man?
Or just trying to swing above your lower tier in the food chain.

Keep jumping shorty.
Respect is earned here.
Mouthing off gets you some time in iso & a bottle of moisturizer.
But then you know too well about the latter.
Seriously. Go watch your Star Trek marathon...

Last edited by ScottW911; 02-16-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 PM

None
Actually, it's not. If anything is absurdly deficient it's your 'positive' attitude in a number of posts on this forum to date.

Time to move on to a forum where they might actually appreciate your attitude (I've seen much of the same on the Hyundai Veloster forum...which gets 40 mpg and happens to address your concern of gas prices perfectly).

BTW, products I've designed and brought to market have sold in the tens of millions of units and there has yet to be a mistake or problem with a single one. Attention to detail; check.

And for a subjective opinion and response to the OP's question: Since you're talking wheels PLUS sensors and tires (the last few details Rob seemingly missed) I'd say closer to $1000+.

"BTW, products I've designed and brought to market have sold in the tens of millions of units and there has yet to be a mistake or problem with a single one." Are you serious? For real?

And what do you know, another oversight on your part, I AM THE OP of this thread. And YES, if you did your diligence, used 20" wheels WITH TIRES in the forum, are selling for $650 - $900.

What an idiot. There goes your attention to detail. Keep designing your products that have sold in the tens of millions, I'm sure a recall is on the horizon. Haha...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Um, no. Your mother's way off. The Appearance package with the 20" wheels AND aluminum roof rails is $900ish.

http://www.vehix.com/car-reviews/201...ehicle-options

Granted that is apples and oranges since it is an upgrade from the 19's and an option package with the car. However, my pricing range above refers to the going rate/pricing of USED 20" wheels & tires in the Wheel Classifieds (that have sold), in this forum, using the search feature.

USED
wheels like the OP's.

You dig?

Actually, the wheels retail for $1175 EACH from the dealer without caps or TPMS.

I paid $325 per wheel, $50 for each TPMS sensor, and around $48 for S&H and Insurance.

What's that you said about my mother?

Last edited by MBRedux; 02-15-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 PM

None
Actually, the wheels retail for $1175 EACH from the dealer without caps or TPMS.

I paid $325 per wheel, $50 for each TPMS sensor, and around $48 for S&H and Insurance.

What's that you said about my mother?
You're going to need to ask her...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're going to need to ask her...
You better be careful around here.... "you dig"?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 PM

None
You better be careful around here.... "you dig"?
Haha. A fogey slash computer tough guy.

Please just stop. You just go too far with the comedy man.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:51 PM

GLK350
"BTW, products I've designed and brought to market have sold in the tens of millions of units and there has yet to be a mistake or problem with a single one." Are you serious? For real?
Yep, 100%. End result was a few hundred K in bonuses and a wall full of awards. Tell you what, I'll give you the list and you can look it up since you seem to care so much. Let me know...

And what do you know, another oversight on your part, I AM THE OP of this thread. And YES, if you did your diligence, used 20" wheels WITH TIRES in the forum, are selling for $650 - $900

What an idiot. There goes your attention to detail. .
The OP of this thread is Onthelo. Another oversight on your part or did your split personality start it? Or maybe in your emotional haste to respond you mixed up this thread with the one you did start whining about mpgs and the cost of gas. Didn't say it there but MBNA109 nailed it here....the GLK plus the gas for it probably is the next tier up (why else would you buy a base model and try to fit the LED DRLs that comes with a $985 package?).

BTW, when most people say 'wheels' they mean 'just wheels' not 'wheels, tires and sensors'. Oh well, guess I can't expect the same attention to detail from the oblivious....

And so I still stand by my suggestion of $1000+. Way out of Rob's price range since they're poor quality OEM wheels. Then again he doesn't even have a GLK but excercises his right to opine as an expert (even idiots get that chance in this country). Me? Well, I just might be interested in buying the set at around this price as I actually prefer them to the AMG wheels we have now and can afford to have both sets.

Last edited by CJM Online; 02-15-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 PM

None
Yep, 100%. End result was a few hundred K in bonuses and a wall full of awards. Tell you what, I'll give you the list and you can look it up since you seem to care so much. Let me know...

The OP of this thread is Onthelo. Another oversight on your part or did your split personality start it? Or maybe in your emotional haste to respond you mixed up this thread with the one you did start whining about mpgs. Didn't say it there but MBNA109 nailed it here....the GLK plus the gas for it is probably the next tier up (why else would you buy a base model and try to fit the LED DRLs that comes with a $985 package?).

BTW, when most people say 'wheels' they mean 'just wheels' not 'wheels, tires and sensors'. Oh well, guess I can't expect the same attention to detail from the oblivious....

And so I still stand by my suggestion of $1000+. Way out of Rob's price range since they're poor quality OEM wheels. Then again he doesn't even have a GLK but excercises his right to opine as an expert (even idiots get that chance in this country).

Inferiority complex much? Congrats on your 100K. Your mother must be really pleased. You can now buy more Dockers and sweater vests to match your bifocals.

Oops, my fault. You're right, not the OP. Good catch. But yes, everybody does get a chance in this country.

Your mother gave me several and I've officially now had enough. Tell her to please stay away.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM

GLK350

Onthelo, please let us know your decided asking price on the wheels, tires and sensors when you have a chance. The troll will still be around doing whatever but the rest of us just might want to buy.

Last edited by CJM Online; 02-15-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 PM

None

I love this country....where else are mom jokes still in vogue even after someone graduates high school (that's a charity assumption that you did)?

Go occupy with your friends...that way you can get a bigger piece of my few hundred K, 4,000 square foot house, private airplane and GLK. I know I don't feel inferior but you sure would like me to think I am.
No prob. Much thanks for the specifics. So where in Vegas do you stay at??
Old 02-16-2012, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha. A fogey slash computer tough guy.

Please just stop. You just go too far with the comedy man.
I'll say my goodbyes now....
Old 02-16-2012, 04:28 PM

None
I'll say my goodbyes now....
Good riddance. Haha.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good riddance. Haha.
Yes child....
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 PM

None
Very good grandpa...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much do you think I can get for my used 20" appearance package wheels