GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

New guy here... 2010 GLK 350 4matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
New guy here... 2010 GLK 350 4matic

Just checking in... I picked up a GLK 350 over the weekend. I think it has every option except the rear entertainment (which my wife hated anyways since it looked like bad aftermarket) So far I love it.. It's my wifes vehicle, but I'll drive it occasionally.

I have a few other Vehicles including...

2006 BMW 550i (my daily)
1986 Cutlass (toy)
1961 Lincoln (another toy)

Looking forward to many pleasurable years of GLK ownership. Anything I should be aware of?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by king-david
Just checking in... I picked up a GLK 350 over the weekend. I think it has every option except the rear entertainment (which my wife hated anyways since it looked like bad aftermarket) So far I love it.. It's my wifes vehicle, but I'll drive it occasionally.

I have a few other Vehicles including...

2006 BMW 550i (my daily)
1986 Cutlass (toy)
1961 Lincoln (another toy)

Looking forward to many pleasurable years of GLK ownership. Anything I should be aware of?
Congrats and welcome... A used 2010? Try and get a detailed service record on the vehicle if you can... there have been a few dozen Service Bulletins over the years. You may wish to see which were performed and which weren't. There were issues with the rear hatch motor suddenly breaking preventing the hatch from opening or closing fully, the Navi screen would go black and would need replacement, untraceable rattles in the front doors, squeaky interior door handles, power windows refusing to go all the way down into the door, failing engine idler pulley whirring noises needing replacement, transfer case failures, balance shaft failures, wheel alignment issues, severely outdated Navi Maps (even when new), severe brake noises requiring new or different pads, odd rotting smell coming from the ventilation/heating/AC System, high frequency of windshield damage due to its almost vertical pitch, various under body cavities needing additional sealant application, etc etc.

Get the list and see how up to date your vehicle is. If the dealer failed to check, inspect, repair or perform any of these TSB's, have them do so.

Good luck!

Last edited by MBRedux; 02-13-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Congrats and welcome... A used 2010? Try and get a detailed service record on the vehicle if you can... there have been a few dozen Service Bulletins over the years. You may wish to see which were performed and which weren't. There were issues with the rear hatch motor suddenly breaking preventing the hatch from opening or closing fully, the Navi screen would go black and would need replacement, untraceable rattles in the front doors, squeaky interior door handles, power windows refusing to go all the way down into the door, failing engine idler pulley whirring noises needing replacement, transfer case failures, balance shaft failures, wheel alignment issues, severely outdated Navi Maps (even when new), severe brake noises requiring new or different pads, odd rotting smell coming from the ventilation/heating/AC System, high frequency of windshield damage due to its almost vertical pitch, various under body cavities needing additional sealant application, etc etc.

Get the list and see how up to date your vehicle is. If the dealer failed to check, inspect, repair or perform any of these TSB's, have them do so.

Good luck!
Thanks aaaaand YIKES! Thats a lot of 'quirks'. Thankfully I got the 'Platinum' coverage from the VW/MB dealr I got it from. I will have them take a look for me and see if there's anything left to do. Thanks for the response.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Welcome aboard!
Hopefully you won't have any trouble. Two things I didn't see mentioned above:
Sudden Coil Death. Indicated by very rough running. Park car. Do not pass Go. Have car taken to dealer. In the extreme, may lead to engine fire.
Transmission service @ 39,000 miles MAXIMUM. Earlier is fine. Drain transmisson AND torque converter. Be prepaired to educate your service people.
Have fun.

Wayne
Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by venchka
Welcome aboard!
Hopefully you won't have any trouble. Two things I didn't see mentioned above:
Sudden Coil Death. Indicated by very rough running. Park car. Do not pass Go. Have car taken to dealer. In the extreme, may lead to engine fire.
Transmission service @ 39,000 miles MAXIMUM. Earlier is fine. Drain transmisson AND torque converter. Be prepaired to educate your service people.
Have fun.

Wayne
My bad!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
No worries. I got your back.

Wayne