GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Another looking to buy thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Another looking to buy thread...

Hello, I have been looking for a newer vehicle for a while, but now I feel I am pretty well set on a GLK if i can find one. Now I have done a bit of homework, and will say the 13' model kills the 10-12' model, that being said I wouldn't mind settling for either one.

I see there is a lot of lease return vehicles up for sale with just under 40,000km. Which fall into the 30-40k range. This falls within my current budget, but I am also so tempted to just lease a new 13'.

Would anyone suggest picking up the 10' model, or are there any significant problems with them? There isn't really much of a difference between the 10' and 12' models except for some minor exterior light changes as far as I have noticed.

Just looking for some information, if anyone can compare the models, would it be worth the wait? etc. Also anyone with the HK sound system, how does it sound? I've heard it in a C63 AMG, and it sounded amazing. This is one of the deal breakers I have, since most people are not investing into the entertainment package on the vehicles I have seen.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
If you can, go for '13 model.

If you decided to go with '10 models, it's not a bad idea to buy the extended warranty, since quite a few report lately about the '10 GLK having issues with the transmission.

Some of our members here have HK system and they've said it sounds better. Even though some report it's not enough bass due to the location of the sub.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by GQsmooth

Just looking for some information, if anyone can compare the models, would it be worth the wait? etc. Also anyone with the HK sound system, how does it sound? I've heard it in a C63 AMG, and it sounded amazing. This is one of the deal breakers I have, since most people are not investing into the entertainment package on the vehicles I have seen.

Thanks
As you know we spent some time in a 13 the other day. FWIW we found the stock audio system in the 13 to be much better than the stock system in the 12. I don't know why. Less distortion at high frequencies, certainly. We compared CDs, regular FM, and Sirius on both. (We also tried an HK system on a 12 and it was very good and undistorted - nice companion for a long drive compared to the stock screecher.)

Nevertheless we ordered the HK system just to be on the safe side since we plan on playing hi rez 96 kHZ/24 bit music files.

I think most people are not investing in the better audio because they play lousy lossy sources through MP3 players and iPhones that don't even have CD resolution. The don't know any better. When I was a kid we had transistor radios with earbuds. Ugh sound but convenient.

We're old school and like our music clean and sweet. Just like at home.

Last edited by grane; 08-03-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA 45 AMG; 2012 GLK 350 4MATIC (totaled); 2009 VW GTI (sold)
I have the HK system in my 12 GLK and it is absolutely phenomenal, I have never had a better sound system and it makes me smile every day! The base and clarity are superb, I recently had the chance to drive a 2012 Audi TTS with the optional BOSE system and it was no where near the sound quality of my MB HK system, disappointing honestly for a BOSE.

If you are someone who loves music, splurge and get the HK system, trust me!