GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Bluetooth connection issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
Bluetooth connection issue

Was wondering if anyone ran into this issue with the bluetooth phone connection. I have my phone set to connect automatically with the bluetooth in the GLK. It works fine if I'm already on a call when I walk up and start the car. It connects and transfers the audio/mic to the GLK just fine. However, when I try to make a call from the GLK it makes the call but shows a mic crossed out on the display of the GLK. It does not route the audio through the car's speakers or turn on the mic. Basically I'm stuck holding my phone up and using it vs using the in car bluetooth even though the phone is connected to the car. I'm not sure what happened as prior to about a week ago the phone worked fine in the car. I do recall hitting several of the buttons on the steering wheel at the same time as I was trying to hit the horn when some genius almost ran into me. Perhaps that's the cause? If so, what to do to reset it.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA250 4MATIC
Just a shot in the dark, but try deleted the phone from the command and try re pairing. I had to do that recently when the bluetooth audio stopped working, after re pairing, everything works fine again.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
How about make another call, as soon as it connected with the other end, press "mute' button on the steering wheel to unmute it (turn on the mic).
Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM

none
I have tried deleting it from the command and then re pairing it up. That didn't seem to help.

I have tried unmuting it too. That doesn't seem to change anything.

Any other suggestions? I read the manual but didn't see anything discussing this issue. If I can't get it to work I guess I'll pull out another phone to see if it's my phone that's the issue. Otherwise I guess I better head to the dealer.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by iewoals
I have tried deleting it from the command and then re pairing it up. That didn't seem to help.

I have tried unmuting it too. That doesn't seem to change anything.

Any other suggestions? I read the manual but didn't see anything discussing this issue. If I can't get it to work I guess I'll pull out another phone to see if it's my phone that's the issue. Otherwise I guess I better head to the dealer.

Thanks.
Did you unmute when your online with the other person?
Best way to do is calling your voice mail, then press mute button on the steering wheel.
It will toggle the mic ON and OFF.
Try this when the call is still active.

Last edited by ble2716; 10-15-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: C
Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 AM

none
Originally Posted by ble2716
Did you unmute when your online with the other person?
Best way to do is calling your voice mail, then press mute button on the steering wheel.
It will toggle the mic ON and OFF.
Try this when the call is still active.
I think I did do this. I'll try again though. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:42 PM

none
I got it to work. I ended up deauthorizing the phone. Rebooting my phone and then reauthorizing the phone after I turned the bluetooth off/on on the phone. Got it to work again as it should. Seems like it was my phone acting wonky.