Can we add push to start?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Can we add push to start?

Hey guys,

I just picked up a black 2011, and was wonder if it is possible to add push to start. I know it's not possible to get the entire key less go option but was wondering if it makes sense just to add the push button by its self? Has anyone tried or done this? I appreciate your input

Thanks
George
Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2024 GLC300, 2014 BMW M235i
I've done a few "push to start" when the battery was dead.

3.5L
Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Bump, anyone know anything about this?

Can I just buy a push button and get it codded?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 229 Likes on 156 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
I don't think so. It might involve a whole lot more than the push button itself as you might have to change the ignition system of the car plus reprogramming. I'm not a really fan of the touch and go system of MB specially the door handles as it is a hit and miss for me when i get loaner cars with that feature (preferred the press the button instead rather than a hand sensor).

Besides...whats the point of having a push start button when you still have to take out your keys from your man-bag or pocket to unlock the car?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
I don't think so. It might involve a whole lot more than the push button itself as you might have to change the ignition system of the car plus reprogramming. I'm not a really fan of the touch and go system of MB specially the door handles as it is a hit and miss for me when i get loaner cars with that feature (preferred the press the button instead rather than a hand sensor).

Besides...whats the point of having a push start button when you still have to take out your keys from your man-bag or pocket to unlock the car?
Maybe you haven't experienced factory installed Keyless-Go? In operation, the Smart Key, located in a basket on a desk dedicated to holding my Smart Key, goes in my pocket. Any pocket-jeans, slacks, jacket, doesn't matter. Or purse in Mrs. Wayne's case. Smart Key never leaves pocket or purse. From there on, all functions of the GLK 350 in the garage are operated by one hand. Open locked door: Grab door handle and open. Open Tailgate: Locate catch above license plate and click. Close Tailgate: Press Close Button. Lock Tailgate: Press Lock button beside Close button. Start Engine: Press button clearly labelled Press To Start. Stop engine: Place transmission in Park. Press same button that started engine. Lock door: Press small square indentation on the outboard side of the door handle. With GLK 350 safely parked in the garage with all doors locked, remove Smart Key from pocket/purse. Return Smart Key to basket on desk. The simplified sequence is: Remove Smart Key from designated holding place. Smart Key in pocket/purse. Go. Return. Smart Key out of pocket/purse. Smart Key in designated holding place. Done.
Any problems with Keyless-Go: Operator Error.

Wayne
Old 12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by cretangod5555
Bump, anyone know anything about this?

Can I just buy a push button and get it codded?

Thanks
Keyless Go can be retrofitted. It requires a lot of work and a lot of the interior needs to be pulled apart. Because it's a complete system, I highly doubt you can just add the push start feature, you'll likely have to do the whole thing. This will cost thousands of dollars but if you're game, MBenzNL has done this retrofit many times on many different Mercedes including cars that didn't even have this option from the factory. He'd be the guy to talk to.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:36 AM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Thanks guys, I wasn't 100% sure but this is what I expected. Thanks for the input guys Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!