GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Deluxe Snowboard/Ski rack question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Deluxe Snowboard/Ski rack question

so I got a little trigger happy on the buy it now option on ebay and bought the ski/snowboard rack attachment for my basic carrier thinking that by buying the MB rack, it would automatically slide like a drawer for ease of access...oh how I was wrong...so you can imagine the look on my face when I realized this was a fixed rack and the one I actually wanted was the deluxe...

I did see slots cut out on the fixed rack that appears to be there so that it connects to the sliding rails on the deluxe rack....so my question is:

Do they offer just the sliding mechanism...attach the fixed rack to the slides and then the slides to the basic carrier?...just incase you would like to upgrade later? or am I stuck with this fixed one?

I got a good deal on these fixed ones anyway...and they were brand new in the box for half the cost of the deluxe, but i'm just still a little disappointed knowing that i could have had the sliding ones if I was a bit more careful when ordering.

What I wanted:

What I got:
Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 AM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
nothing...huh?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THULE makes a sliding one like that, I believe Yakima does too. I think THULE makes the pictured mercedes one as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by hummermaniac88
THULE makes a sliding one like that, I believe Yakima does too. I think THULE makes the pictured mercedes one as well.
thats great info...but I already bought the standard racks...looking for the rail system that goes under.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
so i went to the dealer and they dont even have a clue what im talking about...it was amazing...like talking to a freaking wall...they just dont think outside the box...the guy behind the counter at the dealer even suggested getting an aftermarket part...can you belive it...damn!!! now thats service with a "I dont give a ****" face.