LG Comso 2 and Mercedes Benz GLK350 Bluetooth Connection Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Question LG Comso 2 and Mercedes Benz GLK350 Bluetooth Connection Problems

Hello.

I am helping a client with her Bluetooth issue. Her couple years old LG Cosmos 2 (Verizon Wireless carrier) phone seems to have Bluetooth connection problems with her new Mercedes GLK350 SUV. It was connected, but it kept losing connections. Both SUV and phone's screens show connections and disconnections messages. It seems like there is a connection problem between them.

I tried fiddling with the settings on the phone, but nothing seems to help. Even moving closer and farther in the SUV doesn't make any differences. I tried deleting her two existing "MB" Bluetooth profiles, but was unable to add a new one even with autodiscovery enabled.

I also checked on http://www.mercedes-benz.com/connect for this phone, but it only listed one LG phone and was not even close to her phone model series for this SUV. The phone works without Bluetooth though.

Are there detailed instructions on how to connect these two through Bluetooth? Or is this phone old and/or incompatible and she needs a new one?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by antdude; 02-15-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
With all due respect, she needs a new phone to go with her new car.

I got a new iPhone5 when I got my car and have had no Bluetooth problems.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 AM

N/A
Unhappy

Originally Posted by boylston
With all due respect, she needs a new phone to go with her new car.

I got a new iPhone5 when I got my car and have had no Bluetooth problems.
Thanks, but she doesn't need a smartphone. Just a basic phone. Sheesh, her phone is only a couple years old too! :/
Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Lend her a phone for a few days to see if the problem is in the car or the phone. If no disconnects then the phone is bad. Electronic things do go bad or we would never buy anything new.
Her phone may be an old version Bluetooth and have interference or frequency problems.
  • Bluetooth version 1.2
    Introduction of adaptive frequency hopping.
    Compared to version 1.1, there is less interference with radio frequencies.
  • Bluetooth Version 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (BT2.0 +EDR)
    When Bluetooth 2.0 is used with EDR, there is longer battery life and an improvement to duty cycles.
  • Bluetooth Version 2.1 (+EDR)
    Introduction of simple pairing to allow a compatible phone to pair with the headset, through a simple confirmation, without a pass key.
Bluetooth profiles are not tied to Bluetooth versions. For example, Bluetooth version 1.2 (and higher) supports A2DP, but not all Bluetooth 1.2 or Bluetooth 2.0 devices support A2DP. Manufacturers decide which profiles to support, according to the application and required profiles.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 AM

N/A
Post Tried again and still failed...

We tried again and wrote down texts on SUV's screen:

"'MB Bluetooth' found authorized"
"Waiting for a connection to LGVN251"
"Bluetooth device does not support required device" after pairing passkey and a few minutes.

My client also has an old printout from her old SUV to pair her phone with it. The old screens looked different compared to the new SUV's screen.

Does this new SUV have external authorization like the old one? The older SUV was fine when pairing and connecting.

FYI for phone's software:
Last updated on 3/24/2012 at 6:33 AM.
Name: LG_VN251V2_TO_ZV3

Checking for updates say that there are no updates.

Last edited by antdude; 02-15-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Good info and suggestion BOP11. It sounds by the message that you received that the phone settings are not allowing the pairing. I would go into the phone menu and see if there is anything that you can change.

Also re: BOP11 suggestion...try another phone. Have you tried that yet? Pair it with your phone.