GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Coffee Cup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK
Coffee Cup

So what’s up with Attention Assist? I make no long trips, so I doubt I would ever wake it - but the coffee cup is always there. What actually happens if the thing should ever work? Is this just more of the German - what’s on is actually off theory of design? ECO is on when lit; Parktronic is off when lit.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Robert Boseley
So what’s up with Attention Assist? I make no long trips, so I doubt I would ever wake it - but the coffee cup is always there. What actually happens if the thing should ever work? Is this just more of the German - what’s on is actually off theory of design? ECO is on when lit; Parktronic is off when lit.
After a 1 1/2 hr ride the car beeps screen says stop and take a break....
Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
That coffee cup enlarges when you wiggle the wheel as though you're falling asleep. Goes off when you hit the OK button.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Another piece of c_ _p. Just like automatic cruise, or predictive breaks or whats with the smart transmission that we all want to reset. Oh yes, the extra part of traction control. As," I pull out with plenty of room in front of that big truck. But one rear tire hits some sand so traction control activates. Ok, but the other tire hits the sandy spot and since traction control is already on, it de-powers the engine! Now will I make it? Scary times.
Only good stuff I've seen is Basic Traction Control-ABS, HID headlights, rear view camera, which should be in the mirror like GM use to have, and the indicators in the side view mirrors that tells you someone is in your blind spot. All the rest is some programmer or engineer dreaming up ways to save his job.