Tell me 3 things that you DON'T like about your GLK250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts
GLK 250
Three things that could be better:
1) Annoying soft thump from the drivetrain several seconds after stopping (will mention at my first service).
2) Auto bixenon high beams don't switch when I think it should which is when I need them.
3) Amount of brake dust in just days. It is a fresh set all around, but going to ceramic next time.

Three things I love:
1) The torque
2) The MPGs
3) The boxy little truck look and sound

Plus, it's a Benz. The doors close with a bank-vault thud, it's quiet inside even at illegal speeds and best of all, the wife is happy.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glk350 4 matic
Angry dont do it

Originally Posted by mike-nc
I know that no car is perfect, so tell me the top three things about your GLK250 that you don't like or would change about your purchase decision.

(I plan to start shopping near the end of July!)

Thanks!
1. Customer service rolls out these cars and they could care less that they are junk
2. Cheap rotors
3. Cheap seats that crack and shatter from the heating element. they will not fix it....on you for over 1k.
I can go on forever but its too annoying. Never Again.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLK 250 Blutech
The winter air is more dense, hence you are pushing a heavier air. this is something that most drivers fail to realize.
It the same if you are driving a gas powered vehible/
Old 07-20-2020, 07:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250
I've had my Glk250 for almost seven years now and it's my favorite of the 15+ cars I've owned. Gets 40mpg highway when not using
"winter blend" diesel and is built like a tank. I hit an elk outside Grand Canyon park a few years ago which cost over 16 thousand to repair.
Yet I still drove the damaged Benz 1500 miles back home with no problems. Sure there are a few foibles I'd like to see changed but on the whole
I love it. Only one problem, (a cracked fuel fitting in the first year), in seven years. Not bad huh. That "thump" folks talk about is when the trans shifts
back into first gear after braking to a stop, (watch your gear indicator to verify). This is one of the foibles I mentioned. The others are the drivers wiper
not clearing rain & snow off the windshield and wearing through the weatherstripping on the drivers door when getting in & out. If you're under 6 foot tall
this probably won't be a problem. Now, if only they'd get a replacement for the passenger air bag.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:30 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
Originally Posted by andreigbs
Three things that could be better:
1) Annoying soft thump from the drivetrain several seconds after stopping (will mention at my first service).
2) Auto bixenon high beams don't switch when I think it should which is when I need them.
3) Amount of brake dust in just days. It is a fresh set all around, but going to ceramic next time.

Three things I love:
1) The torque
2) The MPGs
3) The boxy little truck look and sound

Plus, it's a Benz. The doors close with a bank-vault thud, it's quiet inside even at illegal speeds and best of all, the wife is happy.
Did dealer have explanation for the thump you hear after coming to a stop?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250
That thunk is more felt than heard. I don't consider it an issue. It might have something to do with a trans lock
that keeps the car from rolling backwards if you coast to a stop on an uphill grade. This doesn't happen if it's still in 2nd gear.
Yeah love the low end torque and snappy acceleration too, at least up to legal speeds. The auto high beam feature has never
worked correctly on mine. The reflected light fron a speed limit sign is enough to dip the lights. Complained about it twice but
the dealer was unable to fix it, so I live with it. Foible number 3
Old 07-20-2020, 03:36 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Hate that I can not legally disable the emissions when it eventually fails out of warranty ($$$)

Otherwise its close to perfect if you ok with the back seats