GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Mom needs help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
328xi M-Sport
Mom needs help!

Hey Guys - posting to hopefully point my mom in the right direction. I personally have a 3 series but love her GLK. Shes contemplating keeping the car at this point.

2010 GLK, 38k miles, great shape, no problems or accidents. She was looking at moving into a new GLK or perhaps an X3. MB offered her $20k for the car and BMW offered $21.5. Her friend at toyota said she should be getting closer to $24k. Since we're all over the map I thought I would see what you guys think.

All that being said, she's trying to stay financially frugal and turning this in and taking on either a lease or financing obligation of ~$500 will be tough for her. Is there anything she should be aware of maintenance wise? It looks like from the brief time I've been reading on here that the GLK is generally regarded to be a low maintenance vehicle, but I know there's always exceptions. The 40k service is coming up which is about ~$1,000 too.

Anyways, I'm just looking for thoughts and opinions on the trade in value and the long term risks of keeping the GLK. I figured it would be 6 years old with about 70k miles on it by then...maybe she should buy an extended warranty?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
If your mom doesn't mind driving a 3 years old car then I think she should keep the GLK.
If she's worry about surprises then get the extended warranty.
At 38K miles miles, it's still new. Mine is at 51K miles (82k KM) and still rock solid.
From financial point, I think it makes a lot of sense to keep the GLK.