GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Questions Regarding 2014 GLK250 Factory Order, Delivery, Etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
It's Palladium Silver Metallic. I forgot to add that the MB service technician stepped-in to our salesman's office during the delivery process to address my questions regarding software updates for the AdBlue issue. He confirmed that all software updates were current, and showed me the data sheet on my vehicle for same, which showed Flashdata-Version 2013.11.004.

Happy New Year,
Jim
Old 12-31-2013, 08:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 GLK350
Nice! Looks like the MB accessory wheels?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 AM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Yes sir. Those are the wheels that come with the Appearance Package.

Happy New Year,
Jim
Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by BigBoeing
It's Palladium Silver Metallic. I forgot to add that the MB service technician stepped-in to our salesman's office during the delivery process to address my questions regarding software updates for the AdBlue issue. He confirmed that all software updates were current, and showed me the data sheet on my vehicle for same, which showed Flashdata-Version 2013.11.004.

Happy New Year,
Jim
Interesting re Adblue. It would be great if we could pull up the Version of the latest update on the dash! Just hit Help/About GLK like we can on our PCs

By the way, someone mentioned a Dec 2nd update in the Adblue thread. My dealer did something on my car in mid December. Invoice says: Update CDI Module but nothing else. There was nothing wrong - they just did it while car was in for block heater cable install.

Last edited by 107123210; 01-01-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:23 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
We took delivery of our new GLK250 this afternoon. The MB folks were SUPERB. Our salesman went to great lengths to ensure we understood ALL the features in our GLK250. The service folks all introduced themselves. All in all, it was a VERY impressive delivery process. It's quite evident these folks are very proud of the cars they sell.
It's easy to spot people who are new to Mercedes-Benz. They're the ones who seem a bit surprised to have received good customer service. You'll get used to it.

Seriously though, I am glad your automotive stork arrived on time and everything went well. Enjoy the car and happy new year!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:07 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Chris,

Thanks very much for all your advice/support during the last two months. Furthermore, you went WAY beyond the call of duty with your personal sleuthing of the Port of Baltimore when the Grand Legacy was due to arrive. That was great and much appreciated.

I took our GLK250 out on a few drives today. It is a truly exceptional vehicle. The paddle shifters are great in our hilly terrain! I love the MB suspension and steering. VERY responsive and solid. The transmission shifts flawlessly, both up and down. I spent the afternoon waxing it while it was parked in our garage. The fit and finish on the vehicle is quite amazing. In summary, this is NO Toyota.

I've attached a few photos of the front and rear mud flaps and Appearance Package wheels for those that might be interested.

Best Regards,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails Questions Regarding 2014 GLK250 Factory Order, Delivery, Etc.-img_0967.jpg   Questions Regarding 2014 GLK250 Factory Order, Delivery, Etc.-img_0969.jpg   Questions Regarding 2014 GLK250 Factory Order, Delivery, Etc.-img_0975.jpg  

Last edited by BigBoeing; 01-01-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 AM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Mercedes Benz HomeLink Quick Start Guide...

Folks,

The attached PDF file contains the "what you really need to know" regarding setting-up your MB HomeLink garage door opener system as provided by our MB salesman. I used these instructions yesterday on our new 2014 GLK250 and it worked exactly as described.

Best Regards,
Jim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MBHomeLink.pdf (881.2 KB, 577 views)
Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM

GLK250 / Golf TDI
Thanks - hopefully I'll get a chance to use it in the next day or two..
Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Chris,

Thanks very much for all your advice/support during the last two months. Furthermore, you went WAY beyond the call of duty with your personal sleuthing of the Port of Baltimore when the Grand Legacy was due to arrive. That was great and much appreciated.
You're welcome. I work not too far from there and it's kind of fun to go over and look. All they need is a picnic table and I'd go over there for lunch every day just to watch them unload cars.

The attached PDF file contains the "what you really need to know" regarding setting-up your MB HomeLink garage door opener system as provided by our MB salesman. I used these instructions yesterday on our new 2014 GLK250 and it worked exactly as described.
If anyone has problems getting the mirror opener to recognize your original remote (step 4 in that PDF), hold the remote under and slightly behind the mirror rather than under and slightly to the front (as I think is shown in the manual). My GLK was pickier on the angle than my previous Benzes for some reason.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 PM

GLK250 / Golf TDI
So, my dealer called this morning - evidently my vehicle came in over the weekend and they're prepping it for delivery.

It's -1F and dropping; expected to get to -10 by this evening, and we've had 16 inches or so of fresh snowfall.

What to do.....
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by Peef
What to do.....
Take delivery and drive home. It's a tank. No problem here in Walled Lake, MI area.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 PM

GLK250 2014
So, my dealer called this morning - evidently my vehicle came in over the weekend and they're prepping it for delivery.

It's -1F and dropping; expected to get to -10 by this evening, and we've had 16 inches or so of fresh snowfall.

What to do.....
I would tell them to take their time. Why expose your shiny new car salt and slush?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Teutonic Tank Is Right...

Peef,

We took delivery on our GLK250 last Tuesday evening as the temperature was dropping like a rock. As in down to 0F.

I take a commuter bus to work and parked in the "Park 'n Drive" lot early Saturday morning with the temperature at -8F. I drove it over there in very messy conditions with both snow and compacted, glaciated ice for about 20 miles. THE worst. The GLK250 didn't blink in those temperatures and conditions. The only issue I had when I returned last night was frozen windshield washer fluid. Confirm that your dealer has filled your windshield washer resivoir with the -20F winter washer fluid! After spending last night in our garage the washer fluid melted and all is fine. I'm going to pump it out and replace it with Peak -20F washer fluid.

Initial observations on the car: I love it. Great torque. SMOOTH transmission. Excellent HVAC system, especially in view of our sub-zero weather. Excellent seating. You sit down in this vehicle with superb outside, 360-degree visibility. SUPERB interior and exterior lighting. I bought the Lighting Package and Interior Ambient Lighting Package. The auto-hi-beam system is great, but gets tricked by the bright reflection off snow banks and accordingly, sometimes remains in LO-BEAM when I'd prefer HI-BEAM. No problem though as I can override the auto system and manually select HI-BEAM. In summary: YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAR.

Best Regards,
Jim
Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 PM

GLK250 2014
Peef,

We took delivery on our GLK250 last Tuesday evening as the temperature was dropping like a rock. As in down to 0F.

I take a commuter bus to work and parked in the "Park 'n Drive" lot early Saturday morning with the temperature at -8F. I drove it over there in very messy conditions with both snow and compacted, glaciated ice for about 20 miles. THE worst. The GLK250 didn't blink in those temperatures and conditions. The only issue I had when I returned last night was frozen windshield washer fluid. Confirm that your dealer has filled your windshield washer resivoir with the -20F winter washer fluid! After spending last night in our garage the washer fluid melted and all is fine. I'm going to pump it out and replace it with Peak -20F washer fluid.

Initial observations on the car: I love it. Great torque. SMOOTH transmission. Excellent HVAC system, especially in view of our sub-zero weather. Excellent seating. You sit down in this vehicle with superb outside, 360-degree visibility. SUPERB interior and exterior lighting. I bought the Lighting Package and Interior Ambient Lighting Package. The auto-hi-beam system is great, but gets tricked by the bright reflection off snow banks and accordingly, sometimes remains in LO-BEAM when I'd prefer HI-BEAM. No problem though as I can override the auto system and manually select HI-BEAM. In summary: YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAR.

Best Regards,
Jim
Jim - Did you get snow tires or just using the runflats?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 PM

GLK250 / Golf TDI
Originally Posted by 107123210
Jim - Did you get snow tires or just using the runflats?
Mulling over the snow tires as well. I'm inclined to get them given our current situation.

Sadly, there were other forces at work today. I could barely get out of my neighborhood due to 3-4 foot snowdrifts. Moreover, most everything (including, most importantly, my insurance agent's office) was closed. Couldn't get the proof of insurance taken care of for delivery.

If that weren't enough, I'm tied up in various meetings until 9PM tomorrow, so the delivery will get pushed out until Wednesday or Thursday.

Annoying, but I do have a GLK350 as a loaner, so I'm getting by. 10 below didn't seem to faze it, either.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 AM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
GLK250 OEM M+S Tires & AWD...

I'm running the OE M+S tires. I've lived in some pretty nasty northern climates, including five years in Alaska, and have always been good with a combination of 4WD/AWD and M+S tires. Given the performance of the GLK250's AWD and OE M+S tires I saw while driving in snow/ice to the commuter bus station last Saturday morning, I'm confident she'll do just fine.

If the snow is 2' deep I'm not driving until they plow, which is done on a frequent basis here by our town's road maintenance department and the State of NH DOT. They're both quite good at moving massive amounts of snow. And dumping tons of road salt...great for melting snow but TERRIBLE for your vehicle!

The only real issue I've had with driving in snow has been with our town plows leaving a 5' snow-berm across our driveway after a heavy snowfall. The roads are typically quite passable as a result of their plowing, but I can't get in my driveway. That's where our Honda snowblower earns its keep!

Best Regards,
Jim
Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 AM

GLK250 2014
I'm running the OE M+S tires. I've lived in some pretty nasty northern climates, including five years in Alaska, and have always been good with a combination of 4WD/AWD and M+S tires. G
Jim
Jim,

We have more or less same situation here in Eastern Ontario as you have (when we lived in Montreal we often visited Vt & NH for skiing as well as in summer). In those days, we had snows on rear wheels only.

We don't have snow tires on any of our cars. We very seldom have to drive in snow, but the modern snow tires are made from rubber that provides better grip and better stopping power, so there would be some advantage, I guess.

Problem is more to do with ice. Yesterday morning, it was above freezing here. Our (uphill) driveway was clear, but water was running down it. Then temperatures plunged and runoff froze. Then before we could get salt to it, it started snowing. So now we have 3 or 4 in of snow over ice.

My wife and her sister just left on a trip - They were to go in our E320, but I doubted it would get out of driveway, so they used sisters F150 (no 4WD). She spun her way up driveway and eventually got out! No snow tires, but those truck tires are a lot like snows.

I think I will stay with the Conti M+S tires on GLK and see how they go. The AWD of course helps a lot!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:35 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
MB ELW Extended Warranty For GLK250...

Folks,

I've purchased OEM extended warranties on every new vehicle I've owned during the preceding dozen years. While I've rarely had to use the warranty, they've been a key selling point for buyers interested in my vehicles. And they add peace of mind for any expensive repairs which might be required beyond the standard OEM warranty.

I recommend that anybody considering purchasing a MB Extended Limited Warranty (ELW) view the following string on the MBWorld forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/general-m...-warranty.html

I was initially interested in the 6-year/75,000 ELW and discussed it with our salesman when we took delivery. He presented the price sheet showing the full-retail "MSRP" price on the various duration and mileage ELW combinations (there are MANY). Having ALWAYS negotiated down from the MSRP price on extended warranties, I asked what I thought to be the obvious question: "Are these prices negotiable?" The response was a polite yet firm "NO."

Having read the many posts on the ELW string mentioned above, I contacted three MB dealers discussed there and requested a price quote on a MB 7/75 ELW. Some were more responsive than others, and to make a long story short I purchased a MB ELW 7/75 at a very significant discount this afternoon from:

Mark Eggleston
Finance Director
Mercedes-Benz of Georgetown (TX)
(512) 930-6150 ext 2103
(512) 930-6193 fax
meggleston@mbofgeorgetown.com

Mark was extremely responsive and we closed the deal via a few e-mails and a phone call during the course of a few hours this afternoon. I give Mark my strongest recommendation. He gave me permission to post his contact data as shown above. For the record, I'm a private party and have no commercial interest or relationship whatsoever with MB-America or any MB dealership, including MB of Georgetown.

Good Luck,
Jim
Old 01-16-2014, 11:07 AM

GLK250 2014
Things seem to be more complex in USA.

In Canada, there is only one type of extended warranty and it is provided directly by MBCanada. It provides full coverage (same as first 4 years) for two additional years and drive train coverage for one more year. Mileage limit is 160k km.

Listed price for my GLK250 was $2800, but has been increased recently and from memory, it is now C$2900.

I bought the warranty up front with my car. Hard to say just what I paid because overall discount included warranty. Cost is included in financing of car and may also be covered in an early write-off type insurance claim.

For these complex cars, I too think it is essential if you intend to keep the car for 6 or 7 years and even if you don't being able to offer buyer some warranty is a big selling point.

Last edited by 107123210; 01-16-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Originally Posted by 107123210
For these complex cars, I too think it is essential if you intend to keep the car for 6 or 7 years and even if you don't being able to offer buyer some warranty is a big selling point.
I completely concur with your assertion above. I loaded my GLK250 with numerous expensive options. Accordingly, I want the added protection an extended warranty offers. So will anybody that might want to buy my GLK as a used vehicle should I decide to sell it down the road.

Here's an informative article that presents both sides of extended warranties: http://www.checkbook.org/auto/ExtendedService.cfm

Best Regards,
Jim
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Glk250 BlueTec
delivery date

jbredex,

If you'd like to track your vehicle direct from the shipper go here:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

then enter your full VIN in the Cargo ID field

If booked, it'll tell you what vessel it's on, ETA, etc. if nothing shows up, it may be M-B have used another line for shipment, however unlikely.
Thanks so much for the website information. I was able to track my glk250 before my dealer could. Build date 1/10/14. Put on ship 1/23/14. ETA in Baltimore 2/3/14. Hope you are happy with your new GLK.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Pewter C32
jbredex,

If you'd like to track your vehicle direct from the shipper go here:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

then enter your full VIN in the Cargo ID field

If booked, it'll tell you what vessel it's on, ETA, etc. if nothing shows up, it may be M-B have used another line for shipment, however unlikely.
PEEF
Thank you very much for the tracking link. I am able to track my 2014 GLK250 with an order date of 11/11/13, a build date of 1/7/14, and it was loaded on a ship "Torrens" on
1/16/14 and is supposed to arrive in Baltimore on 1/31/14.
PEEF, again, thanks a lot for providing this info to this forum.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:19 PM

Mercedes slk 350
Canadian custom order 2014 GLK250

Hi all
I finally made the plunge too last October 07 and custom ordered a 2014 GLK250 Diesel with several options . I already have a 2005 SLk 350 for the summer and use my 2000 ML320 for the cold winter months here in Winnipeg ,Canada.
I ordered the vehicle with the following options from the only MB dealer here in town. MSRP Options:
MPP- Premium package $ 3600 MET Canansite Blue metallic paint $890
AMG Appearance AMG Sort Package 20”wheels $1100
MNP Command Navigation Package DVD $2500
Trailer Package $675 Parking package Lighting Package
Chrome package
I was able to negotiate a bit of the MSRP but I’m not entirely satisfied happy with the deal and expect the dealer to compensate me for this long delay.
Originally I gave thought to purchasing it from the states but it seems to be somewhat complicated and the packages are different. Prices here are about $5000.00 more and with the Canadian Dollar going down I ordered it here .
It was suppose to arrive in early December but instead the salesman called explaining production problems in Bremen so it looks more like early February.
Looking up the German MB website in Bremen it tells me they added extra production shifts to fulfill the high demands for the C and GLK models

I’d appreciate it if anybody has had a similar experience with the custom ordering GLK250
Next time I will take advantage of the European delivery system.
Thanks again to all the people who've posted here-great website .

Best regards -Thanks,
John
Old 01-26-2014, 03:00 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Originally Posted by PBenz32
PEEF
Thank you very much for the tracking link. I am able to track my 2014 GLK250 with an order date of 11/11/13, a build date of 1/7/14, and it was loaded on a ship "Torrens" on
1/16/14 and is supposed to arrive in Baltimore on 1/31/14.
PEEF, again, thanks a lot for providing this info to this forum.
If you'd like to track (dare I say "micromanage") your GLK's shipboard odyssey aboard Torrens you can do it at this site:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...hips/232248000

Barring a for-fee 24/7 satellite tracking membership, this site will automatically update the ship's movement again once it approaches landfall on the eastern seaboard. You can also sign-up for free e-mail "IN-RANGE," "PORT ARRIVAL" and "PORT DEPARTURE" updates.

Under the category of "interesting stuff," the RO-RO vessel that delivered our GLK250 departed Baltimore and has subsequently made port visits at Jacksonville, Houston, steamed through the Panama Canal and has visited several South American ports as she's steamed south down the Pacific coast. Quite an adventure!

Best Regards,
Jim

Last edited by BigBoeing; 01-26-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 PM

Mercedes slk 350
GLK 250 delivery

If you'd like to track (dare I say "micromanage") your GLK's shipboard odyssey aboard Torrens you can do it at this site:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...hips/232248000

Barring a for-fee 24/7 satellite tracking membership, this site will automatically update the ship's movement again once it approaches landfall on the eastern seaboard. You can also sign-up for free e-mail "IN-RANGE," "PORT ARRIVAL" and "PORT DEPARTURE" updates.

Under the category of "interesting stuff," the RO-RO vessel that delivered our GLK250 departed Baltimore and has subsequently made port visits at Jacksonville, Houston, steamed through the Panama Canal and has visited several South American ports as she's steamed south down the Pacific coast. Quite an adventure!

Best Regards,
Jim
Hi Jim
thanks for the very interesting information I'm glad your happy with your unit.I hope mine arrives soon
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions Regarding 2014 GLK250 Factory Order, Delivery, Etc.