GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Heated Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 250, BMW 335d
Heated Steering Wheel

I have been unable to locate how this feature is enabled. I have searched the online manual and cannot find it. I have the Convenience Option on a 2013 GLK 250 for Canada. Normally cold weather features are included in Can spec German cars. I am suppose to have it and the only possibility is that it is linked to the seat heaters without a separate switch (I have seat heaters for sure). Is that the case?
I also have a BMW and there is a separate switch on the steering column to activate the steering wheel heat.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:47 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
I have the heated steering wheel on my US-spec car (it was a stand-alone option). The switch is on the same stalk that adjusts the power steering wheel. Twist just the end cap on that stalk away from you to turn the heated wheel on. Twist it towards you to turn the heated wheel off. There is a small red light on the end of the stalk that illuminates when the heated wheel is on.

Because of the stalk's location, it's actually easier to see how it works if you look at it while standing next to the car with the door open. When I'm in the driver's seat, I have to go by feel, which is easy as long as you already know how it works.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 AM

GLK 250, BMW 335d
Talking Steering Wheel Heater

Chris,
Thanks for that as I will look this evening when I get home as this new one is not my daily commuter yet.
Cheers
Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
Yep, it's the same stalk as the power steering wheel. Just twist the knob up towards the dash (counter clock-wise if you were looking at the left side of the steering wheel while standing outside of the vehicle).

To turn it back off just twist it back the other direction (towards you).