Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

Fuses

 
Old 12-20-2013, 03:52 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 640
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
GLK250 2014
Fuses

We have freezing rain at present and it is not a day for working on car, even in garage!

Has anyone checked the fuse boxes to see if any spares are supplied?

Thinking I should have a kit with several of each size before heading off on a long trip.

The other thing I have in my other cars, is a collection of bulbs. Is there a list of the recommended spare bulbs anywhere?

Last edited by 107123210; 12-20-2013 at 04:03 PM.
107123210 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:26 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Originally Posted by 107123210 View Post

Has anyone checked the fuse boxes to see if any spares are supplied?
Pop the cover off and check for yourself! Easy to do. Likely not.
Bob338 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:42 PM
  #3  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 640
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by Bob338 View Post
Pop the cover off and check for yourself! Easy to do. Likely not.
I thought I explained why I was asking here instead of going outside and doing it myself! But where you are from, you wouldn't understand, I guess.
107123210 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 847
Likes: 0
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 107123210 View Post
I thought I explained why I was asking here instead of going outside and doing it myself! But where you are from, you wouldn't understand, I guess.
No offense...but what Bob was saying is right on. The next time you go out to your car, just look (even if it's freezing rain). Then you can decide if you need replacements.
cindyclk is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 09:17 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 402
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
The likelihood of needing fuses or replacement bulbs is slim to none. Dealerships are always nearby as well as aftermarket parts houses. Enjoy the winter travel & your holiday!
Rascally Wabbit is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 10:02 PM
  #6  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 640
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by cindyclk View Post
No offense...but what Bob was saying is right on. The next time you go out to your car, just look (even if it's freezing rain). Then you can decide if you need replacements.
All I asked was a simple question. If you or Bob don't know the answer, fine. But then best to not answer instead of being smart Alecs.
107123210 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 PM
  #7  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 640
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by Rascally Wabbit View Post
The likelihood of needing fuses or replacement bulbs is slim to none. Dealerships are always nearby as well as aftermarket parts houses. Enjoy the winter travel & your holiday!
Chances slim to none that a bulb or fuse will blow? Never had a Lamp-out message on dash? Never had a fuse blow????????

Nonsense.
107123210 is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Originally Posted by 107123210 View Post
All I asked was a simple question. If you or Bob don't know the answer, fine. But then best to not answer instead of being smart Alecs.
No intention of being a smart alec, but you need to help yourself. Surely you're not that helpless! Are you? Put on a coat and go out to your garage and check. If the car is outside, wait till the rain stops! Loss of either one on a trip isn't a major anyway.
Bob338 is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
  #9  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 640
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by Bob338 View Post
No intention of being a smart alec, but you need to help yourself. Surely you're not that helpless! Are you? Put on a coat and go out to your garage and check. If the car is outside, wait till the rain stops! Loss of either one on a trip isn't a major anyway.
After sober second thought, better let this thread die.

Last edited by 107123210; 12-22-2013 at 05:13 PM.
107123210 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fuses


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: