GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Keyless Go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK350 4Matic
Keyless Go

I just bought a 2014 GLK350 yesterday and notice it has the door sensors for keyless go but they don't respond when I touch them. Is it just wired this way and I never got the feature added? If so any idea how much it would be to add? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:09 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
It's a 2014 so I'm assuming you bought it new. Does the window sticker indicate that your car has Keyless Go? If it does and it's not functioning, take the car to a dealer.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:25 PM

2014 GLK350 4Matic
Yes I bought it new. Good question, I have the window sticker in the car so will check it out next time I go out. Otherwise I'll ask them tomorrow when I go to pick up the remaining paperwork whether installing it is an option. Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please understand to "lock" you touch the "square" WITHOUT touching the chrome inside door handle - touching the chrome inside door handle "unlocks" which take priority if accidently/inadvertantly touching both.

If you have a START button - yes, you have keyless go.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK 250, 2016 Volvo XC70, 2013 Jeep JK Sport
I'm sure someone will disagree, it is an Internet forum after all.

This is my first vehicle with this feature, my wife had a Jeep GC with it also. I still say its a solution searching for a problem. More often than not, I find myself looking for the key. The ignition, as it happens, is a great place to store your key and know where it is.

flame away.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:01 AM

2014 GLK350 4Matic
I checked the window sticker and it doesn't say keyless go. I don't have a push button start but the drivers side door has the sensor on the handle. I had keyless entry/ignition in my 2007 Camry and loved it! You get very used to never having to take out your key. You also never fail to open your door or trunk if it's locked as I have done many times already as long as your key is somewhere on you. So I guess I don't have it but will look into getting it, although I don't know how good it will be without the ignition since I'll just need to take the key kit eventually anyway.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:58 AM

2012 mb glk 350
Cool Dealer Orientation?

My dealer spent almost 2 hours with me explaining the various functions of the vehicle. Including matching my smartphone contacts, Bluetooth, etc. And, of course, the Keyless Go function.

Methinks your Dealer Rep owes you!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:58 PM

2014 GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by jimmybuffit
My dealer spent almost 2 hours with me explaining the various functions of the vehicle. Including matching my smartphone contacts, Bluetooth, etc. And, of course, the Keyless Go function. Methinks your Dealer Rep owes you!
I was given an overview too. But when the keyless entry didn't work he just said it just not have it but could probably be purchased afterwards. I'll ask about it tomorrow when I go in for paperwork.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:32 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by BenS
I checked the window sticker and it doesn't say keyless go. I don't have a push button start but the drivers side door has the sensor on the handle. I had keyless entry/ignition in my 2007 Camry and loved it! You get very used to never having to take out your key. You also never fail to open your door or trunk if it's locked as I have done many times already as long as your key is somewhere on you. So I guess I don't have it but will look into getting it, although I don't know how good it will be without the ignition since I'll just need to take the key kit eventually anyway.
Since you do not have push start button and the window sticker also doesn't say keyless go, then I am pretty sure that you do not have that option.
The sensor you see on the door probably just an IR sensor for the remote.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by FC_GLK
This is my first vehicle with this feature, my wife had a Jeep GC with it also. I still say its a solution searching for a problem. More often than not, I find myself looking for the key. The ignition, as it happens, is a great place to store your key and know where it is.
I partially agree with you. The ignition really is a great place to store the key while driving. If the key is in my hand when I get in the car, it ends up going in the cupholder or the ashtray area, which seems stupid compared to in the ignition. But then there are those times when the key isn't in my hand and it's really nice to not worry about where it is. Especially so when coming out of the gym and who knows where in my bag the key ended up.

I checked the window sticker and it doesn't say keyless go. I don't have a push button start but the drivers side door has the sensor on the handle.
Is it a black sensor or is it like an "indent" in the paint color? If it's a black sensor to the rearward side of the keyhole, that's the infrared sensor for remotely lowering and raising the windows. The Keyless Go locking sensor is on the handle itself (forward of the keyhole) and is the same as the paint color. Also, all four doors would have Keyless Go sensors. Only the driver's door has an infrared sensor.

I was given an overview too. But when the keyless entry didn't work he just said it just not have it but could probably be purchased afterwards. I'll ask about it tomorrow when I go in for paperwork.
Your salesman gets an F. You're going in for paperwork? To sign paperwork? Is the deal actually done? If it's not done and you want a car with Keyless Go, give them back the car and buy one with Keyless Go. Adding it after the fact is probably possible with enough money to burn but likely prohibitively expensive for most people.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
If you don't have a start button then I think you're noticing the IR sensor on the door - you can point your remote at this sensor and roll the windows up and down with the key fob.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:58 PM

GLK350
I got my GLK350 2013 at Jan 2013 and I notice the car don't have keyless Go, but I like the car because it have everything I want so I bought, also I ask salesman and Service Manager If I can install it later and they said "NO". But! I hope somedays someone out there so smart and they can re-work retrofit keyless Go
Old 01-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 GLE300d 4Matic
Do the same people make the Keyless Go system for all manufacturers? My wife's Lexus has this feature and it looks and works exactly the same with the little rubber button on the handle and the sensor on the inside of the handle you touch to unlock. Having said this and to repeat an earlier posting I made on this it bears the repeating I hope (no flames please)
Mercedes is one of those cars you buy with everything you want on it. The programming and other changes necessary to add something like this makes it possible but an expense that would be crazy. As a thought, perhaps to make you feel better, with my wife's Lexus and their version of Keyless Go there are some new challenges. The key goes missing because it's not hanging on the dash where you expect it. Maybe it's in a pocket? Or is it on the console? More than once we've had to go chasing a key that's missing in a pocket, purse, console, on the floor, under a seat. Cool feature but I agree with the OP that it's nice to find the key where you expect it.
One question though, if you start the car with Keyless Go and then go away with the key in your pocket - what does the car do? I imagine it's keeps running but maybe it freaks out. If you drive away that way and then go to restart are you then totally screwed? I'm guessing yes.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
Yes, if you start the car and then take the key out of the equation, it'll continue to run. Once you shut off the engine, you won't be able to restart of course.

I've had this "keyless" feature on 4 different vehicles now and I find they all do function almost identically. The only differences are exactly how they're deployed. Our GLK is the first vehicle I've had where the keyless function works for all four doors, not just the front ones.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 PM

If you start the car and the key later leaves the car, you get a message in the cluster stating that the key is not detected. So if your spouse has the key and you drop off him/her and continue on to your next destination, you won't get far before the car warns you.