GLK audio system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350, G55, AMG GTS, C63 507
GLK audio system

Hey everyone,

I've owned my GLK for almost 3 years its a 2011 model without NAV. I've been using the iPod media interface but i was wondering if there is anywhere i can plug in a AUX cable. Sometimes my friends want to change songs while sitting in the back seat and usually other cars i am able to do that if my AUX cable is long enough. I found this pic online but i wasn't sure if this is it? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails GLK audio system-audio-2020-20aux-20socket.jpg  
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 AM

I just tried it out, the AUX cable does plug in but there is no sound. Tried removing the iPod from the media interface and then using the AUX and switching it to all the options (AUX/CD/and everything else) but nothing seems to work.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4Matic
I hope you find your answer in here. I've made several posts but have yet to have any responses on much of anything. Not a lot of members, or maybe it is just a lack of Glk owners. I'm going to try to find some other forums with higher activity. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:31 AM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by N91K
I just tried it out, the AUX cable does plug in but there is no sound. Tried removing the iPod from the media interface and then using the AUX and switching it to all the options (AUX/CD/and everything else) but nothing seems to work.
I have that connector in my 2010 GLK350. It works on the AUX input when I select that thru COMMAND > Audio > AUX. I do not have the iPod integration kit, but I do have the NAV and Premium sound packages. Maybe when you have the iPod kit it disables the standard AUX jack? I can definitely confirm that is the AUX input. I use this input every day plugged into the headphone jack on my iPhone.

Good luck. I think you'll have to remove the iPod kit?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by sethro1980
I hope you find your answer in here. I've made several posts but have yet to have any responses on much of anything. Not a lot of members, or maybe it is just a lack of Glk owners. I'm going to try to find some other forums with higher activity. Good luck!
Yeah agree about lack of GLK owners but the members do help as much as they can.

Originally Posted by EmiG310
I have that connector in my 2010 GLK350. It works on the AUX input when I select that thru COMMAND > Audio > AUX. I do not have the iPod integration kit, but I do have the NAV and Premium sound packages. Maybe when you have the iPod kit it disables the standard AUX jack? I can definitely confirm that is the AUX input. I use this input every day plugged into the headphone jack on my iPhone.

Good luck. I think you'll have to remove the iPod kit?
I don't think i would remove the iPod kit just to solve the AUX problem, i guess ill just keep it the way it is, thanks for the response.