GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Re-Index Drivers Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Re-Index Drivers Window

I have searched high and low and just can't seem to find it. The drivers window does an auto down but won't do an auto up. When you hold the button to bring the window up it closes OK but as soon as you release the button the window comes down about 1/2 an inch. I can close it by lifting up on the button but it doesn't work the way it should.

I know there is a routine used to re-index the window can somebody please post the fix if you have it. Much appreciated.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
Smile Re index window

Push and hold the button down unik you hear a click after the window has reached it's lower position, then do the same upwards. This should make the system remember it's stop posi.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Thank you for the post but that did not work. I remember it was something like that. I hope there is someone who has the correct procedure.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
Smile

The window Will also act like you describe if it get a bit held back, listen closely to the sound from the el.motor while it's moving the window up, if it changes the last moment before it stops and returners a little, it's an obstruction that stops it. If thats the case, you'll have to adjust the window guides, or- lubricate it a little with f.eks. Liquid soap as a try.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
My window was doing the same thing. Lower the window in manual mode not express mode. When fully lowered, continue to hold the switch in the same position (easy to depress to express mode however) for five seconds or so. Release & then raise the window in manual mode. When fully closed, same procedure & do not depress switch to the express mode. Hold for five seconds then release. I had to do mine twice but it is now working correctly.