GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Anyone running 17" or 18" wheels year-round?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014 | 09:07 PM

'14 GLK250
Anyone running 17" or 18" wheels year-round?

One of the other things I'm trying to sort out when considering a GLK is minus-sizing to some wheels so I can have a taller side wall. Anyone doing this beyond their winter wheel setup? If so, what rims - something MB, or aftermarket?

Thanks. I'm hoping this is something I can get the dealer to swap out for me when I take delivery. I need to ping the parts dept and see if they can order the 17"ers they get in Europe.
Old 02-05-2014 | 09:49 PM

GLK
Originally Posted by drumminj
One of the other things I'm trying to sort out when considering a GLK is minus-sizing to some wheels so I can have a taller side wall. Anyone doing this beyond their winter wheel setup? If so, what rims - something MB, or aftermarket?

Thanks. I'm hoping this is something I can get the dealer to swap out for me when I take delivery. I need to ping the parts dept and see if they can order the 17"ers they get in Europe.
I bought 17 inch Elbrus rims from TireRack on clearance sale $59 each! TireRack sells a brand that looks exactly like the 17 inch OEM German ones, but much cheaper.

I put on the best all-season tires that I could find that would do well in snow. I bought the Bridgestone Dueller Ecopia, and they are amazing in the snow. They are also super quiet and comfortable.

I am considering keeping them year round.

The biggest pain was putting on the TPMS sensors.