GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2013 GLK 350 Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK 350
2013 GLK 350 Performance Mods

I've spent a few hours going through most of these threads dealing with performance upgrades and most threads only discuss general MB questions and "how to" threads. I'm wondering:

1. Is there a performance intake for the 2013 model? I know it's a square filter, so not sure if a performance increase is possible with this type. I'm used to cone or upgradable cone intake filters (previous cars were c250, Lexus is350, sentra spec v, 335i).

2. Do you recommend mods that are actually worth the $$$. I saw some ECU tuning chips but they range $1500+ (Renntech, etc.)??

3. Any interior mods worth getting? Something that will make the car look nicer than it already is? Went through the pics threads and saw mainly stick exterior pics or really "fast and furious) changes. Been browsing ebay and notice bs stickers and lighting crap.

Looking for clean, professional looking upgrades. Please don't respond by telling me to read through the forums and utilize the search feature. Been at it since 11PM EST (almost 5 hours now).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hasanhirani; 09-06-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4Matic
I learned pretty early on that that this forum is much different than the Subaru forum I frequented before I bought my GLK. Not only does there seem to be less overall appeal in modifying the cars (outside of minor things like rims or OEM parts and accessories), but the owners are dramatically less knowledgeable of the mechanical aspects. I don't mean this in a negative way; it just seems that people who buy a MB, for the most part, don't do a lot of tinkering with their expensive car.

In the Subaru forum I could read a DIY post on just about ANY performance upgrade, mod, or maintenance task there was. Hundreds of regular posters provided quick responses to questions like yours, and I visited the site often.

Now, not so much. But this is still a valuable site that contains helpful information. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Yeah, our other car is an Infiniti G37s coupe and the Infiniti forum is all about intake, exhaust, & suspension mods.

The funny thing is they spend tons of time & $$ on this stuff yet unless they do something radical like nitrous or a turbo they rarely see any real increase in performance. In fact, often they see a decrease, and less drivablity as well.

I think most better cars these days are pretty well designed, so there's only so much you can gain from most aftermarket stuff.

Also, the GLK isn't a performance car, so most members here are not into that kind of thing.

Hell, that's why we have the G37; the Benz is for taking the dog to the park...
Old 09-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
Not much available from MB on the 2013 & newer except wheels. This company has a few things I like such as the carbon fibre mirrors w/puddle lamps & the covers for the door handles.
http://schaetztuning.de/x204-c-83_84...b150282ea94bf6
On the pre-facelift years, MB offered an aero kit for the front & rr fascia plus an additional spoiler for the rear hatch spoiler but not for the newer years. I installed the lip spoiler & rr diffuser & upgraded the wheels with a set of take-off 2013 Appearance Pkg. wheels. Wheels do make a big difference!