GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

It's back !!!!! (damp carpet)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 2015 GLK 350
It's back !!!!! (damp carpet)

About 6mo ago I posted that the carpet behind the driver's seat was damp and I couldn't find out where it was coming from. I took it over to my dealer WorldWide Motors MB in Indy for 1 year service. They found the AC drain tube had not been placed outside the car.... There was about 3 in of water under the driver's floorboard. They had given my a loaner for the day (GLE) and called and said my car was not to be finished that day and come by and get everything I needed out of my car. I was told to drive it as mine and took off the 70 mld home. They told me they were going to replace the entire interior wiring harness and all can connections in the dash wiring.

The next day my service rep, Michael Potter, called and said he was sorry but MB told him that the harness was VIN specific and it would take 16 weeks for MB to get one sent over..There was not much I could do , but was. I was told by a couple members of this forum to turn the car back in, but I wanted a GLK and no more new ones were available. I drove the first GLE for 3 pos, then they brought me over a 2017 when they came out (80 mld on it !). Michael Potter would call me weekly with a progress report. Finally I got my car back. Looks like new. Completely detailed, not a squeek or rattle, and everything works. I've put about 200 mld so far and everything is perfect. Much better than driving the larger GLK and much easier transition going from GLE to GLK than Porsche to GLK....

I had taken the car in for oil change and a couple of other small things. My invoice was $0.00, all written of under warranty . To say the least I was happily surprised. But not as surprised as getting a check from $2500.00 from WWM MB to compensate me for the loss of use of my GLK for 5 months.

I am not a long time MB customer , this is my first, but if I buy another car in my lifetime, it will definitely be a MB from WWM in Indy... I have been involved with automobiles for over 60 years, so this is an amazing result....