GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Stereo on and off why?

Old 09-05-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 2013
Stereo on and off why?

some help pls

Normally i switch off the engine with de stereo ON.

Next day i put de key and the stereo goes on, but at start of the engine the stereo comes off and on, why?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by JoseNas
some help pls

Normally i switch off the engine with de stereo ON.

Next day i put de key and the stereo goes on, but at start of the engine the stereo comes off and on, why?
Mine shuts off every time I put it in reverse, it then turns on again when I start moving forward. Some sort of 'safety' feature?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Do you mean it restarts with the MB logo or that the screen goes dark and the volume goes away but comes back with the station and sound right away after the engine starts. If the second, it is to keep the electronics from experiencing a brown out condition during the heavy draw of the starter and is normal. If the first, then there is a problem probably in the start switch.
Putting the car in reverse should show the backup camera. If you don't have a backup camera, then you need to go to setup and disable the camera, if that doesn't work, you need to go into the engineering menu and disable the backup camera.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by bop11
Putting the car in reverse should show the backup camera. If you don't have a backup camera, then you need to go to setup and disable the camera, if that doesn't work, you need to go into the engineering menu and disable the backup camera.
Reverse does show the backup camera, then a couple seconds later the stereo shuts off. A few seconds after putting into Drive and setting off, the stereo comes back on again. The reaction to the drive selection is delayed a couple seconds in both directions. I never considered it to be a problem, I just assumed it was some kind of safety feature in an attempt to avoid driver distraction while backing up.

The stereo doesn't always come back on, sometimes I have to hit the play button.