GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Sensors gone wild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2017 | 03:12 PM

GLK 350
Sensors gone wild

I have a 2013 GLK 350 that was involved in a Hit & Run (someone hit my car in the parking lot). The sensors along with other things were damaged. The repair shop has since fixed my car but the sensor's are not right. Sometimes they turn on, sometimes they are off, and the Eco button comes on/off as it pleases. I took it back to the shop and they think I'm crazy.
Does anyone know if the sensors need to be re calibrated? Or what else? Thanks!
Old 12-19-2017 | 03:32 PM

2015 GLK350 & 2020 C300
do you have a check engine light on?
Old 12-19-2017 | 04:05 PM

GLK 350
No check engine light. It only says I need a B2 Service in 15 days.
Old 12-19-2017 | 05:02 PM

2015 GLK350 & 2020 C300
Where did the damage occur? If it is in the parking lot i assume someone backed into you.

Anyways there are SAM (signal acquisition modules) in the front next to the brake fluid reservoir and one in the trunk. These are the computer brains for the car excluding the ECU (engine control unit) which is attached to the engine. You can start diagnosing there and work your way to the wiring. Damage wiring can cause communication issues with the system and potentially cause a fire.

Perhaps in the process of repairs they had to do some wiring repair and didn't do a good job. Water damage or chemical damage can also do this.

You need to be assertive to the shop that did the repairs. Thinking you are "crazy" is just so they don't have to look into the issue. Any shop worth a damn would take a look at their work again.
Old 12-20-2017 | 09:21 AM

350 GLK, C280
I assume that this was covered under insurance. You should get your insurance company to with hold part payment until the job is fixed correctly. This may mean a trip to the dealer for correction of the electronics which should be covered by your insurance.
Old 12-20-2017 | 09:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

na
Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Where did the damage occur? If it is in the parking lot i assume someone backed into you.

Anyways there are SAM (signal acquisition modules) in the front next to the brake fluid reservoir and one in the trunk. These are the computer brains for the car excluding the ECU (engine control unit) which is attached to the engine. You can start diagnosing there and work your way to the wiring. Damage wiring can cause communication issues with the system and potentially cause a fire.

Perhaps in the process of repairs they had to do some wiring repair and didn't do a good job. Water damage or chemical damage can also do this.

You need to be assertive to the shop that did the repairs. Thinking you are "crazy" is just so they don't have to look into the issue. Any shop worth a damn would take a look at their work again.
I agree. Make them look at it again, any shop with pride in their work would have taken a look from the get go, confident that their work has nothing to do with it.