GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

A45 AMG front seats swap to GLK x204 - Is this doable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 08:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLK 220 CDI Sport
A45 AMG front seats swap to GLK x204 - Is this doable?

Hi there - I love the GLK chassis dynamics, but I (and my wife) hate its front buckets, so we were looking for firmer option and found a pair of A45 ones, in fact, the front and rear setup, having the fronts as I need w/ power adjustments and airbags - however, not sure if:
  1. adapting them to the GLK rails is doable or not (as the GLK should be similar "C" class platform - wish I found C63 bucket ones, not yet...
  2. if the airbag connectors are easy as DIY trick or tricky to require my electrician to make it;
Any thoughts?

Cheers from Brazil
Old 02-21-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts
2015 GLK350 & 2020 C300
anything is doable with enough money.

There was another GLK owner who was working on installing ML63 seats, not sure if he succeeded.

The A45 Recaro seats come in memory motorized or manual. Does you GLK have the memory seats for the passenger? If not then you need to add that in to the Door panel. Lastly the connectors are very different, so you would need to do quite a bit of re-pinning the wires.
The following users liked this post:
Djorge (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLK 220 CDI Sport
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
anything is doable with enough money.

There was another GLK owner who was working on installing ML63 seats, not sure if he succeeded.

The A45 Recaro seats come in memory motorized or manual. Does you GLK have the memory seats for the passenger? If not then you need to add that in to the Door panel. Lastly the connectors are very different, so you would need to do quite a bit of re-pinning the wires.
Hello JohnnyC, very much appreciated the headsup, so I'll look for that user thread - yes, my GLK does have memory (2 "M" positions each each front seat) to its electric adjustments - would you have those cars' connectors pinouts? If anyone has it too I'll be thankful - cheers from Brazil

Last edited by Djorge; 02-22-2018 at 11:26 AM.