GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2012 GLK 350 ALL Warning lights ON- won't shift, but engine starts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Glk 350
2012 GLK 350 ALL Warning lights ON- won't shift, but engine starts

It happens in the morning. When I start the car, the engine would start but all warning lights come out ( Cruise C Inoperative,Run Flat Inoperative,ABS Inoperative,SRS Malfunction,DSR Inoperative).Cannot shift gears. Engine works, but a bit louder than usual and as if a fan is turning on. Radio, mirrors and all electronics is not working.After a Few attempts, when the car heats a bit, I am able to shift into gear and it starts to work fine and only the check engine light is on while I am driving . The next morning same thing happens. Took to a mechanic, he cleared the codes, this morning the problem showed up again. It is an electrical problem or a sensor, but have someone had a similar thing and what can be done about it?

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-27-2018, 03:06 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
Originally Posted by DylanGeorge
It happens in the morning. When I start the car, the engine would start but all warning lights come out ( Cruise C Inoperative,Run Flat Inoperative,ABS Inoperative,SRS Malfunction,DSR Inoperative).Cannot shift gears. Engine works, but a bit louder than usual and as if a fan is turning on. Radio, mirrors and all electronics is not working.After a Few attempts, when the car heats a bit, I am able to shift into gear and it starts to work fine and only the check engine light is on while I am driving . The next morning same thing happens. Took to a mechanic, he cleared the codes, this morning the problem showed up again. It is an electrical problem or a sensor, but have someone had a similar thing and what can be done about it?

Thank you in advance!
possibly battery/charging system? thats where i would start. Benz give all sorts of errors and sheds electrical equipment when volatage is below threshhold, try installing a battery tender overnight and see if you get the same problems in the morning.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glk 350
This is EXACTLY what happened to to me yesterday. Had to take the bus today and purchased a diognoistic reader. My vehicle was working fine the night before. I was cleaning off the snow off my tires and wondering if I disconnected the sensor. I'm going to read the other posts below. Is your vehicle working well now? It's been a year so I would like to know if you found anything over that space of time. thanks
Old 01-09-2020, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 234 Likes on 216 Posts
2013 glk 350
I have no idea if this could be an issue but if you have. “Auto stop start” you have a second battery above the Spare tire on the right. It controls electronics.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 234 Likes on 216 Posts
2013 glk 350
If the main battery is original get it tested it’s really old
Old 01-15-2020, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glk 350
So today I was suppose to have my vehicle back from the dealership but all the phone, computers were down at the dealer. I was trying to arrange pickup and the service guy I was dealing with told me my part (F32 pre fuse box) just arrived and that my vehicle would be done until tomorrow afternoon if that! Not having a vehicle isnt an option. So after some thought, I called the service guy back and told him if he doesn't have a loaner for me, I'll drive the vehicle home using the bypass button. He said isnt the vehicle inoperatatable?? But the tow guy showed me how to bypass to be able to drive. WELL, when I received the keys to my vehicle it was back to NORMAL, back to the day before it couldn't drive. I was in SHOCK!!! I'm suppose to go back to the dealer and get the box installed but is this just a MONEY GRAB??? Did my vehicle just need their computers to reset everything?? The service guy swore to me I need to have the fuse replaced. Infact, the service guy doubted that i would return. I speculate its because nothing is wrong. I dont know what to do because I don't want this to keep happening.
The following users liked this post:
hadeeeeez (06-11-2021)
Old 01-16-2020, 09:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK350
If they have diagnostics saying the part is failing, they should be able to show you that?

and next time, be more aggressive about a loaner. Here, labor is $179 an hour. For that price, they can pull a car off the lot, for all I care. And perhaps my dealership is larger, but they’ll offer a loaner for something as simple as an A/B service.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:12 PM

mercedes benz glk 2012
Originally Posted by DylanGeorge
It happens in the morning. When I start the car, the engine would start but all warning Ilights come out ( Cruise C Inoperative,Run Flat Inoperative,ABS Inoperative,SRS Malfunction,DSR Inoperative).Cannot shift gears. Engine works, but a bit louder than usual and as if a fan is turning on. Radio, mirrors and all electronics is not working.After a Few attempts, when the car heats a bit, I am able to shift into gear and it starts to work fine and only the check engine light is on while I am driving . The next morning same thing happens. Took to a mechanic, he cleared the codes, this morning the problem showed up again. It is an electrical problem or a sensor, but have someone had a similar thing and what can be done about it?

Thank you in advance!
Ive been having same problem. Does anyone know what’s causing this?
Old 06-11-2021, 11:45 AM

Mercedes GLK 350
Originally Posted by Joy Morgan
So today I was suppose to have my vehicle back from the dealership but all the phone, computers were down at the dealer. I was trying to arrange pickup and the service guy I was dealing with told me my part (F32 pre fuse box) just arrived and that my vehicle would be done until tomorrow afternoon if that! Not having a vehicle isnt an option. So after some thought, I called the service guy back and told him if he doesn't have a loaner for me, I'll drive the vehicle home using the bypass button. He said isnt the vehicle inoperatatable?? But the tow guy showed me how to bypass to be able to drive. WELL, when I received the keys to my vehicle it was back to NORMAL, back to the day before it couldn't drive. I was in SHOCK!!! I'm suppose to go back to the dealer and get the box installed but is this just a MONEY GRAB??? Did my vehicle just need their computers to reset everything?? The service guy swore to me I need to have the fuse replaced. Infact, the service guy doubted that i would return. I speculate its because nothing is wrong. I dont know what to do because I don't want this to keep happening.
Can you please tell us what the by-pass was ??? thanks.