GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

New brake pads, new end links and a brake bleeding job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2014 GLK250
New brake pads, new end links and a brake bleeding job

Over the weekend, I installed my Akebono Euro Ultra Premiums. Even though my EBC Redstuff pads were only installed last July, they were not well-suited for my driving style. I took no chance and installed fresh new rotors as well.

The end links were as expected : not difficult, but a bit time-consuming. The rear ones were trickier than I thought, as the bottom end is tightly wedged in the control arm, so I literally had to jack the control arm to press the end link inside it.

I then bedded the pads and felt that while braking was slightly improved, it wasn't enough. I then bleeded the brakes with a friend... oh my... it's like I'm driving a different car. Tight pedal, great progressive feel, and confidence-inspiring braking. In retrospect, I should've bled the brakes first. Maybe I would've elected to keep the EBCs, but I still feel like they require a bit more heat than I can give them on my commute to work properly.

So if anyone wants cheap, barely used Redstuffs, let me know! They probably have less than 6k miles of easy driving on them.