GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

OBDII Customizations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 GLK350 4Matic; 2010 Audi A4 Quattro; 2004 Yamaha R1
OBDII Customizations

I just finished purchasing a 2013 GLK350 and am wondering if there is any way to perform common options that I can do through OBDII in my Audi such as a long hold on the lock button on remote, all open windows/sunroof close with the door locking command. Similar for long press on unlock, will open all windows/sunroof. For my Audi I use the Carista app, but they do not support MB for these functions. I use DashCommand to read and clear error codes etc on the Audi, I haven't tried connecting DashCommand to the GLK, but I am assuming that will work fine.

There are many other interesting tweaks that can be done such as setting the brightness of the DRL's, the length of time the lights stay on at night after locking or unlocking the vehicle, needle sweep when starting the car etc.

Thanks in advance! I'm going to see if I can launch the "engineering mode" today, to see if that will give me access to these type of settings.

Is anyone running an aftermarket display such as this one in a 2013+ MY?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 212 Posts
2013 glk 350
I think open all windows is standard on the key fob
Old 02-17-2019, 07:07 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2013 GLK 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by tawatts
I just finished purchasing a 2013 GLK350 and am wondering if there is any way to perform common options that I can do through OBDII in my Audi such as a long hold on the lock button on remote, all open windows/sunroof close with the door locking command. Similar for long press on unlock, will open all windows/sunroof. For my Audi I use the Carista app, but they do not support MB for these functions. I use DashCommand to read and clear error codes etc on the Audi, I haven't tried connecting DashCommand to the GLK, but I am assuming that will work fine.

There are many other interesting tweaks that can be done such as setting the brightness of the DRL's, the length of time the lights stay on at night after locking or unlocking the vehicle, needle sweep when starting the car etc.

Thanks in advance! I'm going to see if I can launch the "engineering mode" today, to see if that will give me access to these type of settings.

Is anyone running an aftermarket display such as this one in a 2013+ MY?
The key fob will open all windows and the sun roof by pointing the fob at the car door and holding down the unlock button.
The multifunction display will allow you to adjust the light delay and a number of other convenience features.
All this is documented in the owner's manual. No need to go into the engineering menu.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZZGlk:
canadarachel (09-11-2019), tawatts (02-18-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the reply ZZGlk; I tried holding the button for an extended period of time (5+sec) today, but after the doors unlocked, nothing happened with the windows. (lol, granted it was -20 out .. but hey, I'm sure the outside temperature doesn't matter)
Multifunction display, you mean the display in the speedometer, controlled by the steering wheel controls. Was poking around in there today, cool stuff.
made my way into the engineering menu, didn't see anything in there related to this.

Sorry to all if I am asking noob questions, I've been searching quite a bit .. found some answers, but not others.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
Originally Posted by tawatts
Thanks for the reply ZZGlk; I tried holding the button for an extended period of time (5+sec) today, but after the doors unlocked, nothing happened with the windows. (lol, granted it was -20 out .. but hey, I'm sure the outside temperature doesn't matter)
Multifunction display, you mean the display in the speedometer, controlled by the steering wheel controls. Was poking around in there today, cool stuff.
made my way into the engineering menu, didn't see anything in there related to this.

Sorry to all if I am asking noob questions, I've been searching quite a bit .. found some answers, but not others.
you need to point at the black square point on the door handle from not more than 20 cm far...mine glk has it only on the drivers door..
and about obd customisations...vw/audi is more user friendly for doing changes in sam modules, for mercedes you need to have their diagnostic tool (star/xentry) if you want to code or set something what is not in user menu...

Last edited by Marek_Norway; 02-18-2019 at 03:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tawatts (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marek_Norway
you need to point at the black square point on the door handle from not more than 20 cm far...mine glk has it only on the drivers door..
and about obd customisations...vw/audi is more user friendly for doing changes in sam modules, for mercedes you need to have their diagnostic tool (star/xentry) if you want to code or set something what is not in user menu...
Yup, that was the trick, thanks!!