GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2011 GLK350 Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GL 550, 1988 560SL
2011 GLK350 Backup Camera

The backup camera on my GLK350 is no longer sharp. It video quality is bad like it lets in too much light during the day and gets washed out. At night, it is too dark. The dealership will charge me $1,000.00 to change out for a new one. Does anyone know where I can get an as good replacement? Also, how hard would this project be?
Old 05-15-2019, 04:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
Originally Posted by Ornelas66
The backup camera on my GLK350 is no longer sharp. It video quality is bad like it lets in too much light during the day and gets washed out. At night, it is too dark. The dealership will charge me $1,000.00 to change out for a new one. Does anyone know where I can get an as good replacement? Also, how hard would this project be?
Do you have OEM factory preinstalled camera? If yes and problem is the camera itself, it is very easy to change it, only thing you need to do is remove inside cover of tailgate..you can buy used camera from ebay or similar pages...but the problem can be also SAM unit, this can be really expensive, this is also very easy to change (even easier than the camera itself), it is located behind rear wheel in the trunk and is plug and play...if you have aftermarket camera, you can find cameras from 20 - 30 dollars on ebay from china...do you have dynamic lines which turn when you turn the steering wheel?
Old 05-18-2019, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GL 550, 1988 560SL
Originally Posted by Marek_Norway
Do you have OEM factory preinstalled camera? If yes and problem is the camera itself, it is very easy to change it, only thing you need to do is remove inside cover of tailgate..you can buy used camera from ebay or similar pages...but the problem can be also SAM unit, this can be really expensive, this is also very easy to change (even easier than the camera itself), it is located behind rear wheel in the trunk and is plug and play...if you have aftermarket camera, you can find cameras from 20 - 30 dollars on ebay from china...do you have dynamic lines which turn when you turn the steering wheel?
Yes I do have the OEM factory preinstalled camera, and yes I do have the dynamic lines which turn when I turn the steering wheel. I will look on ebay for the camera first. Thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted