GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Air Conditioner onlyworks if left on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glk 350
Air Conditioner onlyworks if left on

I have a strange problem, I have to constantly have the Ac on for it to work, if I happen to turn off the AC the next time I use the car the AC will only blow hot I. I have to stop turn off the car for a period of time with the AC on then when I turn it back on cold air. Today it was blowing hot air again ( forgot to leave it on) after 15 min. it started blowing cold air. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Sounds to me you might consider a Air-Con evac-recharge - the machine sucks out the old refrigerant - holds at vacuum for 2-3 minutes as a leak test - then refills with the proper amount of fresh refrigerant by weight... any competent auto shop can do with the computerized machine... about $120 my area.,,
Old 06-13-2019, 08:02 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 GLK350
Take it in and have it checked. There is not much with the AC that the average person can maintain. Some might say to just add freon, but all AC systems are designed to hold a fixed amount of refrigerant measured by weight. Adding too much refrigerant can overburden and destroy your compressor. Take it in and have the professionals fix it. As stated above, an evac-regharge could fix it and would ensure the proper charge.