GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

After replacing the battery the tailgate stopped working,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glk 350
After replacing the battery the tailgate stopped working,

After replacing the battery the tailgate stopped working, I read in another thread that some people can go into the truck and disconnect something to reset tailgate, but it wasn't a glk 350. Anyone else know of a reset for the power tailgate. thanks
Old 06-18-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2015 GLK 250 BlueTec with AMG Sport package.
Originally Posted by Olivette Foster
After replacing the battery the tailgate stopped working, I read in another thread that some people can go into the truck and disconnect something to reset tailgate, but it wasn't a glk 350. Anyone else knows of a reset for the power tailgate. thanks
Hmmm, are there more details in "tailgate stopped working"? When you pull tailgate handle does it open at all? What happens when you press the tailgate open button in the driver's door? Can you physically open the tailgate from the inside? In your manual, there is an emergency unlocking procedure described on how to open the tailgate with the key from the trunk compartment, in case it's not opening at all.

Also, I would check the fuse in the trunk, 61 I believe. Here is the thread with fuse chart link . Dealership can do the tailgate adaptation via STAR software, not sure if it will be free though