GLK250 Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 06:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLK350 2010 Sold C63 AMG 2012 Sedan Sold GLK250 2013
GLK250 Fuel Filter

Hi All.

Over the weekend i did a fuel filter change on my 2013 GLK250. I have since gotten a check engine light. I connected my ODBII scanner and it said it was code P2BAD . I got this in the past for a bad NOX sensor and had it replaced twice by the dealer. I was told that this code can appear for anything emission related (including fuel pressure). The filter i installed looks like the first pic below. The one i took out of the car looks like the second picture. I did order it from Mercedes using my vin number.

Here are my questions

Do you guys know what the difference is between both filter?
Are they interchangeable?
was this check engine light just a coincidence and i should take it to the the dealer AGAIN
I'm not sure what this long attached hose does.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 228 Posts
GLK 250
I think those hoses are used to bleed/prime the fuel system when needed. It's not typically something necessary when just replacing the fuel filter as part of PM. If you have a decent scan tool, you could check requested vs actual fuel rail pressure (among other things).
For now, I'd clear the code and make sure you have no leaks or air getting into the system. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:10 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
happened to me. I reused the clips at the filter to attached the hoses and had a minor leak there. replaced the clips. Cleared and no issues so far.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLK350 2010 Sold C63 AMG 2012 Sedan Sold GLK250 2013
I swapped the old one back and the check engine stayed on. A day later the Adblue count down started.. I took it to the dealer and they told my my SCR has failed. It was just coincidence that it happened at the same time. I'll swap them back. I think they are both ok and either one works. There was no error code or leaks with the new one so i'll go ahead with it until something comes up. I'm going ahead with the SCR delete.

Thanks for every ones help
Old 05-02-2020, 09:18 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
Originally Posted by ramo80
I swapped the old one back and the check engine stayed on. A day later the Adblue count down started.. I took it to the dealer and they told my my SCR has failed. It was just coincidence that it happened at the same time. I'll swap them back. I think they are both ok and either one works. There was no error code or leaks with the new one so i'll go ahead with it until something comes up. I'm going ahead with the SCR delete.

Thanks for every ones help
I can almost guarantee it was a fuel pressure or flow issue after the filter change. Get someone with a proper Xentry computer to reset the system and you should be good to go. I had to pay someone 100$ to do it for me. Next time I plan to buy the Xentry system off of ebay. Been perfect for over 10K now. Was also told it was the SCR system. Was not true.