GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Anyone got a tune from OETuning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 09:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
Anyone got a tune from OETuning?

Has anyone got a tune done by them on the GLK Diesel? WIth the SCR delete? Any feedback?
Old 09-25-2020, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 231 Posts
GLK 250
Yes, yes, and sure: it's awesome, wish I'd have done it sooner.

Getting my X3d a similar tune shortly.

They give discounts to MBWorld forum members and to repeat customers
Old 09-25-2020, 11:32 AM

14 GLK 250
So after getting it, no more issues with Nox sensors?
Old 09-25-2020, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
None before the tune, but not why I chose this option. I have a failed AdBlue tank heater and don't want to deal with the hassle of dropping the tank to replace the innards. Besides, the cost alone was cheaper to get it tuned "off" and not worry about the other stuff on top of it all.

No issues since the tune, it's been about 17K miles. The engine oil stays much cleaner too, since the EGR duty cycle is set to 0%. As I said, should've done it sooner.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:22 PM

14 GLK 250
Originally Posted by andreigbs
None before the tune, but not why I chose this option. I have a failed AdBlue tank heater and don't want to deal with the hassle of dropping the tank to replace the innards. Besides, the cost alone was cheaper to get it tuned "off" and not worry about the other stuff on top of it all.

No issues since the tune, it's been about 17K miles. The engine oil stays much cleaner too, since the EGR duty cycle is set to 0%. As I said, should've done it sooner.
well I really wish I got the tune before my Nox sensor failed. I have an active code and engine light. Email to oetune said I can’t have active faults so I’m unable to order this.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
If you know it’s the NOx sensor, maybe just replace it. Or you could reset the code and then write the new tune without driving the car around, to prevent the code from popping up again.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:38 PM

14 GLK 250
If you know it’s the NOx sensor, maybe just replace it. Or you could reset the code and then write the new tune without driving the car around, to prevent the code from popping up again.
Every place I talk to says I have to replace both and have them coded. That’s 2-3k. Found a guy who just disables the SCR. Going to have to go that way. Unfortunately I guess without the tune
Old 09-25-2020, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
The sensors are a bit pricey, I think around $450. Although if you’re under 80k miles it might be covered under the gov’t mandated emissions warranty. And yes, the new sensors would have to be “learned” by the car which takes an expensive scan tool.

OETuning was great, they’ll be doing my X3d soon. At least BMW realized those pricey sensors are prone to failure and they’ve extended factory warranty to 120k miles on them and a couple other bits.

You could also bide your time until MB calls you in to have it “fixed” under the agreed settlement. Shouldn’t be long.

What code(s) do you have exactly?
Old 09-25-2020, 07:47 PM

14 GLK 250
The sensors are a bit pricey, I think around $450. Although if you’re under 80k miles it might be covered under the gov’t mandated emissions warranty. And yes, the new sensors would have to be “learned” by the car which takes an expensive scan tool.

OETuning was great, they’ll be doing my X3d soon. At least BMW realized those pricey sensors are prone to failure and they’ve extended factory warranty to 120k miles on them and a couple other bits.

You could also bide your time until MB calls you in to have it “fixed” under the agreed settlement. Shouldn’t be long.
I’m in Canada, everything is 2x the price here.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
Ahh, sorry then. Hopefully Canada won’t be too far behind the US settlement.

Not sure how the SCR “fix” will resolve the NOx sensor issue. They’re kinda separate systems. NOx sensors relate to the DPF while SCR scrubs exhaust past the DPF.

True, a fault in either system means your DPF won’t be able to regen, but deleting the SCR won’t also delete the NOx sensor requirement. Then again, im
not familiar with the option you found.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:01 PM

14 GLK 250
Ahh, sorry then. Hopefully Canada won’t be too far behind the US settlement.

Not sure how the SCR “fix” will resolve the NOx sensor issue. They’re kinda separate systems. NOx sensors relate to the DPF while SCR scrubs exhaust past the DPF.

True, a fault in either system means your DPF won’t be able to regen, but deleting the SCR won’t also delete the NOx sensor requirement. Then again, im
not familiar with the option you found.
I don’t think that is correct. The dpf comes first and traps large particles. Then the exhaust flows through the SCR system and gets urea injected. The nox sensors are before and after that system and part of the SCR. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Here is a video I found explaining it.