GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Tachometer Getting Up to 7.5k RPMs When Accelerating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 12:22 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 GLK350
I know it's far away, but if you are looking for a good independent mercedes shop to look at it, Mike at Hoover Mercedes in Parker is really good.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 227 Posts
GLK 250
There's no true M mode in mine either, just Economy or Sport that I can toggle between.

You can actually force it back into full auto right after you're done with your passing (or engine braking), you just have to hold the right paddle down a couple seconds when changing up into the gear you'll be cruising in. So instead of just a quick tap on the paddle, you hold it down a couple seconds.

You should see the instrument panel displaying the gear info change back to D7 instead of just the gear number in white when in manual mode.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Originally Posted by mogulman
I know it's far away, but if you are looking for a good independent mercedes shop to look at it, Mike at Hoover Mercedes in Parker is really good.
Thanks so much - that’s probably the next nearest dealer to me anyway, as im west of Pueblo...so, yes, far, but relatively speaking, not so much!
Old 01-06-2021, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Originally Posted by andreigbs
There's no true M mode in mine either, just Economy or Sport that I can toggle between.

You can actually force it back into full auto right after you're done with your passing (or engine braking), you just have to hold the right paddle down a couple seconds when changing up into the gear you'll be cruising in. So instead of just a quick tap on the paddle, you hold it down a couple seconds.

You should see the instrument panel displaying the gear info change back to D7 instead of just the gear number in white when in manual mode.
You just keep making my day! Thanks for this info.