Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLK250
Really curious how the mileage will differ. Let us know
The following users liked this post:
Fagunza (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 10:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
I had mine in yesterday to be worked on today. I was told it was a 6 to 8 hour job. I picked it up @ 4pm and drove it home the 200+ miles from the dealership. I noticed nothing certain upon which to comment. I refueled as I left home. Driving down those miles I was in no hurry and stayed at the freeway speed limit of 70. Awfully slow for me! The fuel consumption bar stayed at 40mpg all the way and gauge showed 3/4 of a tank when delivered to the dealership 220 miles from home. They worked on the car all day and I retrieved it @ 4PM. I have the M-B printout on the work to be performed, and of course the work order. All they did was check my tires and advise me of some seepage at the thermostat, something that will eventually have to be fixed. The return trip home was a bit more adventurous. On cruise control I stayed mostly @ 90mph, slowing only when I got a radar hit on my detector. The fuel consumption bar stated between 34 and 39 mpg and I still have a half tank of fuel. I noticed nothing different in performance. Time will tell.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:20 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Got mine back, my work order seemed more involved than others listed (2013 model). Asked only for a simple oil change

Seems like they did transmission oil? And replaced an electrohydraulic controller unit?

Last edited by bugelrex; 04-09-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by bugelrex
Got mine back, my work order seemed more involved than others listed (2013 model). Asked only for a simple oil change

Seems like they did transmission oil? And replaced an electrohydraulic controller unit?
Your work order is far shorter than mine and except for a few parts numbers I see no similarity. However, yours clearly shows the replacement of the 4 sensors. In my case they added transmission oil but that may have been for the DPF replacement in mine. Mine is two pages long with a lot of nit-picky stuff in there.

I asked for, and reluctantly received, the printout of the Mercedes "Work Procedure" and breakdown of the parts to be replaced. There is nothing specified for the transmission except "Check transmission oil", nor any change required, other than "update software". In my case they did. They did include "transmission oil" on the order but I believe that goes in the DPF or DOC, whatever that is, and since it is all at no charge to me, the amount wasn't included. Could have been to top off the tranny. I'm certain they didn't do an oil change on it. I did get something I must understand, obviously as result of the software update. My transmission display previously showed the gear you were in and didn't display all the shifts. This one does, plus sometimes it shows nothing but the gear it's in and other times it shows "D1, D2, etc." and others only "1, 2, 3, 4, etc." up to 7. Weird and not consistent but has no effect on shifting or drive-ability. I'm sure it's a software issue and I hope to get an explanation and maybe a correction at a future visit.

Last edited by Bob338; 04-09-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Got mine back today, and while it was in they did the Recall on the Airbag as well... 2014 GLK250 BlueTec
They replaced pretty much all the items from the engine back for the emissions.

I will take a pic when I get a sec to do so.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:59 PM

glk
Originally Posted by Bob338
Your work order is far shorter than mine and except for a few parts numbers I see no similarity. However, yours clearly shows the replacement of the 4 sensors. In my case they added transmission oil but that may have been for the DPF replacement in mine. Mine is two pages long with a lot of nit-picky stuff in there.

I asked for, and reluctantly received, the printout of the Mercedes "Work Procedure" and breakdown of the parts to be replaced. There is nothing specified for the transmission except "Check transmission oil", nor any change required, other than "update software". In my case they did. They did include "transmission oil" on the order but I believe that goes in the DPF or DOC, whatever that is, and since it is all at no charge to me, the amount wasn't included. Could have been to top off the tranny. I'm certain they didn't do an oil change on it. I did get something I must understand, obviously as result of the software update. My transmission display previously showed the gear you were in and didn't display all the shifts. This one does, plus sometimes it shows nothing but the gear it's in and other times it shows "D1, D2, etc." and others only "1, 2, 3, 4, etc." up to 7. Weird and not consistent but has no effect on shifting or drive-ability. I'm sure it's a software issue and I hope to get an explanation and maybe a correction at a future visit.
Could you upload your work order? very curious how it differs. Very curious what the transmission oil really is.. I did see a few sprinters at the dealer, so I assume they were familiar with diesel
Old 04-09-2021, 09:18 PM

Besides my scanner not working, this is my third response. I'm sorry, scanner not working. Mine has acronyms, parts numbers and N/C and wouldn't tell you a thing. It seems to follow the list published by M-B for their dealers' work instructions. There are no amounts and since there was no charge, lots of N/C so amounts of anything don't appear. It's just rudimentary to enable submitting for the reimbursement.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:25 PM

glk
Besides my scanner not working, this is my third response. I'm sorry, scanner not working. Mine has acronyms, parts numbers and N/C and wouldn't tell you a thing. It seems to follow the list published by M-B for their dealers' work instructions. There are no amounts and since there was no charge, lots of N/C so amounts of anything don't appear. It's just rudimentary to enable submitting for the reimbursement.
thanks! Hopefully all cars will hold up after the fix. Definitely leaning towards keeping the car with the extended warranty
Old 04-09-2021, 09:39 PM

The warranty is only for the emissions system. Since I've had no problems, of ANY kind, I'm going to keep it anyway. Only 51,000 on it and not one single problem ever. Yet.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 4matic coupe / 2015 GLK 250 BT / 2008 F250 Diesel / 2002 Focus SVT
Dropped off for recall today

The wife’s 2015 GLK250 BT needed front brakes so we asked them to take care of the recall.

1hr after dropping it off, the service advisor called and ran down the list of parts to be replaced on the recall. He said this was the most extensive recall he’s seen since the Fiery Fieros of the 80’s.

OJ
Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 PM

glk
The warranty is only for the emissions system. Since I've had no problems, of ANY kind, I'm going to keep it anyway. Only 51,000 on it and not one single problem ever. Yet.
no, mb letter clearly states the 4 year warranty covers engines components. See pic

The following 2 users liked this post by bugelrex:
andreigbs (04-12-2021), greenchevette (04-13-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 09:24 PM

What is origin of that warranty? The warranty info with my paperwork clearly states warranty only applies to emission related parts and, of course, those replaced.

I just ran about 40 miles in light traffic and there is definitely a change noticeable in the transmission and shifting. They do update the control software so I'm presuming what is happening is intended. First, the shifter display is different than before. In Drive the display only showed "D" unless you downshifted with the paddle in which case the display showed a D with the number of the gear it was in. It never showed the gears in normal driving without use of the paddles. Now mine shows every gear it's in while driving normally, either accelerating or stopping, or using the paddles. Going through the gears the display will show D1, D2, D3, etc., as it shifts and the shifts are noticeable. Same when slowing down. At the initial start the display was totally confused. It showed only numbers, no initial. The numbers seemed to mix after driving a block or so, some with numbers only and others with the D. It drove and shifted as needed then normalized as above. However, the shifts are more discernible now where before they were imperceptible. Same from a normal start from a stop. Before I couldn't perceive the shifts unless I focused on them. Now they seem a bit more pronounced. Nothing negative, just "different". I'm sure the display confusion is a software issue and unless I see something negative about it, along with its confusion with no letters and only numbers, I'll just live with it for a while. I've contacted the dealer but I'm pretty certain the only people that can answer are Mercedes-Benz. The car drives a bit differently and I prefer the 'old' style rather than this, but I see nothing truly negative nor alarming.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:29 PM

glk
What is origin of that warranty? The warranty info with my paperwork clearly states warranty only applies to emission related parts and, of course, those replaced.

I just ran about 40 miles in light traffic and there is definitely a change noticeable in the transmission and shifting. They do update the control software so I'm presuming what is happening is intended. First, the shifter display is different than before. In Drive the display only showed "D" unless you downshifted with the paddle in which case the display showed a D with the number of the gear it was in. It never showed the gears in normal driving without use of the paddles. Now mine shows every gear it's in while driving normally, either accelerating or stopping, or using the paddles. Going through the gears the display will show D1, D2, D3, etc., as it shifts and the shifts are noticeable. Same when slowing down. At the initial start the display was totally confused. It showed only numbers, no initial. The numbers seemed to mix after driving a block or so, some with numbers only and others with the D. It drove and shifted as needed then normalized as above. However, the shifts are more discernible now where before they were imperceptible. Same from a normal start from a stop. Before I couldn't perceive the shifts unless I focused on them. Now they seem a bit more pronounced. Nothing negative, just "different". I'm sure the display confusion is a software issue and unless I see something negative about it, along with its confusion with no letters and only numbers, I'll just live with it for a while. I've contacted the dealer but I'm pretty certain the only people that can answer are Mercedes-Benz. The car drives a bit differently and I prefer the 'old' style rather than this, but I see nothing truly negative nor alarming.
this was in the packet (dated march 2021) sent by the mb bluetec settlement administration. Has all the forms needed for submission, personalized with your vin.

Its a shame you cant take a photo of your warranty paperwork, there is no reason yours (glk250) should be different.

Btw, i also noted the same differences in shifts, exactly as you described. Not enough to bother me, but definitely more noticeable than before

Last edited by bugelrex; 04-10-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by bugelrex
this was in the packet sent by the mb bluetec settlement administration. Has all the forms needed for submission, personalized with your vin.

Its a shame you cant take a photo of your warranty paperwork, there is no reason yours (glk250) should be different.
Let me focus and compare what you posted and what I have. Admittedly I just scanned some of the material I got, but I did read the warranty thoroughly. You're correct, no reason for there to be any difference. I saw nothing about timing chains or other engine components, except for the injectors. That 4 year extension in the warranty you posted is pretty darned valuable. I want it!
Old 04-10-2021, 09:39 PM

glk
Let me focus and compare what you posted and what I have. Admittedly I just scanned some of the material I got, but I did read the warranty thoroughly. You're correct, no reason for there to be any difference. I saw nothing about timing chains or other engine components, except for the injectors. That 4 year extension in the warranty you posted is pretty darned valuable. I want it!
this is the front page where the warranty is listed. Warranty list is in section V. Extended modification warranty coverage. Engine components listed on page 4

Old 04-11-2021, 09:20 AM

Yep! Same thing. I'll learn to read the back side of a page some day!

My work order has numbers only for the parts so I can't tell what's what. I'm satisfied there is a transmission issue that has to be fixed. Not sure if software only or the "VGS", which in the M-B "Scope of Work" summary, #11, states "Replace the fully integrated transmission control unit (VGS)" (Exact - no period.) Then, #12, "Connect old VGS control". (Replace AND reconnect the old VGS control?)

I'm hampered because of distance to that dealership, about 220 miles one way.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 4matic coupe / 2015 GLK 250 BT / 2008 F250 Diesel / 2002 Focus SVT
Ours is still at the dealer, we went in and picked up a loaner. The service advisor said that the dealer can be penalized if they do not complete the recall within a certain time of receiving the vehicle. Not sure what details factor.

The dealer also said “you’ll be getting a check from Mercedes”, I assume he is referring to the class action suit, I’ll have to clarify when we pick the vehicle up.

We are very pleased with the car and love the diesel. I was disappointed to find MB no longer offers passenger vehicles with diesel in the US. I was prepared to upgrade to a GLE diesel at some point. Wife said she would rather keep the GLk 250 at this point and it make sense to keep it, I think she is correct.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 228 Posts
GLK 250
Ours is going in tomorrow AM. I've flashed back to the stock programming and already have 2 codes: one for the DPF soot accumulation and one for AdBlue heater. In fact, the CEL is now on and that's how it'll get dropped off at the dealer tomorrow.

I'll update when I get it back.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLK350 2010 Sold C63 AMG 2012 Sedan Sold GLK250 2013
damn. i was hoping to see people going into the deal with the delete to see what they say lol. I really don't wana pay my tuner to flash back.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
Yeah, I didn't want to take any chances there. Dropped off the Moose this morning.

Service Advisor said they've done about a dozen so far, but they're taking way longer to do than MB had told them (4.3 hours I think). He said be prepared it may take a couple of days.

I took a GLC300 loaner and wished them the best. I'll find out what's what when I get the call.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:43 AM

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts
yes
and we'll be waiting for your unbiased, real world opinion of the GLC.

Originally Posted by andreigbs
Yeah, I didn't want to take any chances there. Dropped off the Moose this morning.

Service Advisor said they've done about a dozen so far, but they're taking way longer to do than MB had told them (4.3 hours I think). He said be prepared it may take a couple of days.

I took a GLC300 loaner and wished them the best. I'll find out what's what when I get the call.
The following users liked this post:
andreigbs (04-13-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
It's now day 2 and no word from the MB dealer...

Meanwhile, the GLC is just OK. We wouldn't buy one, in short.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by andreigbs
It's now day 2 and no word from the MB dealer...

Meanwhile, the GLC is just OK. We wouldn't buy one, in short.
I had one as well. That was EXACTLY my sentiments!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250 BlueTec
Dropped my '13 GLK off two days ago and the SA called today and said MB sent a memo out saying do NOT perform AEM on any passenger (non-commercial?) vehicles. They've called MB repeatedly and can't get an answer as to why. Anyone else experience this?
Old 04-14-2021, 05:26 PM

glk
Originally Posted by ExecNav
Dropped my '13 GLK off two days ago and the SA called today and said MB sent a memo out saying do NOT perform AEM on any passenger (non-commercial?) vehicles. They've called MB repeatedly and can't get an answer as to why. Anyone else experience this?
interesting, in my case they had to order a part from Germany (don't know which). Wonder if shortage of parts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB BlueTEC Settlement Site is UP