GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

AC compressor replacement questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
AC compressor replacement questions

I have a 2009 GLK350 that I have owned since new. When it was six months old, the AC system stopped working after a lot of bubbling and hissing behind the dashboard and center console area and that was fixed under warranty by the dealer of course. More recently though, the girlfriend shunted the front of the car into a tow bar which damaged the condenser. Directly after that was replace by the dealer, the AC system would stop working intermittently. The Xentry system shows errors P261111 and P261115 based on which, the Mercedes dealer says that the compressor needs to be replaced because there is a problem with the control valve. Funnily enough though this wasn't the first time I had had this discussion with the dealer. About 6 years ago I had presumably the same error codes with the car after a refill but for whatever reason the problem went away by itself. Anyway, this time around what I found interesting was that the dealer weren't prepared to do any deeper analysis beyond what their Xentry system was telling them - like checking the connectors, the wiring and maybe even the front SAM for electrical issues. They don't do that, they said. It wasn't in their protocol - is that true? If so, I can say that Denso were very surprised because according to them, most control valve errors are the result of debris and tend to happen early in the lifecycle of the part. Denso would definitely recommend checking the electricals. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Clutched v Clutch-less?

In terms of the repair being suggested, the dealer has picked out a compressor part A0008302500, which maps to Denso DLP17165. Which brings me to my next question. Can that be right when the original part A002230311 / DLP17100 is clutch-less whereas the replacement (A0008302500) in the Mercedes system is clutched? Does that mean that the AC control system needs reprogramming or even worse replacing? Are there other things that need to be replaced by changing over to a clutched system? I enclose a snippet of the Denso aftermarket GLK application table for their compressors. A component type with EU in the name means it is continuously driven, whereas the BU denotes magnetic clutch.

Denso aftermarket application table for GLK

All and any advices appreciated.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
thats all HS----go here---Mercedes-Benz Electronic Spare Parts Catalogue Online
Old 08-27-2021, 04:37 AM

GLK350
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Yes - as I suspected the online catalogue shows that A002230311 is the right part for my vehicle, model 204.987
Similarly,, the Denso catalogue shows that my motor M 272.971 maps to A002230311.
That's why I asked the Mercedes dealer to double-check. They did and called me back yesterday to say that in their system A002230311 has been replaced by A0008302500. I told them that I was surprised that you can replace a clutch-less with a clutched compressor but all they said was that Mercedes doesn't get it wrong and that there is no doubt a good reason.....
If that statement is HS, then can someone help me with an explanation to convince the dealership that something is awry.
If it isn't HS, then I would be interested if anyone knows why A002230311 (clutchless) has been replaced by A0008302500 (clutched) in the Mercedes parts system and also whether that means that some other parts or software also need to be changed - I mean, I would have thought the software controls would be quite different for the two types of compressor? Having said that, there are a number of other GLK models that have the clutched variant, so perhaps the software can handle both types and therefore the parts are interchangeable??
Old 08-27-2021, 06:12 AM

GLK350
Incidentally, I noticed that these short circuit errors seem to be quite common place and I was wondering whether (ODBII) P9006 is the same as Xentry's P261111 and P261115 errors?
Then there are a couple of threads on here about inserting a diode into various places in the loom, which made me curious......
And I found out that there is a company selling replacement control valves for various compressors, including mine - if you google
RKX-RCV-011, then you'll find what I'm looking at but I will quote the product claims:
##ELECTRONIC CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE FOR DENSO AC COMPRESSORS with DIODE found on Mercedes vehicles.
This valve has a diode inside. Use of a non diode valve on Mercedes vehicles will result in a short circuit error codes and no AC.

The original Denso solenoid is an extremely high failure part!

Common issues include:

- Intermittent cooling
- No cooling
- Partial cooling
- Delayed cooling

APPLICATIONS:

Fits All Mercedes equipped with Denso 6SEU16C, 7SEU16C, 7SEU17C AC Compressors
Held in with a snap ring and uses "pigtail" style connector
##End Quote

Is this component replacement worth a try? (I also found equivalents on aliexpress) - Certainly cheaper and maybe even better than replacing the compressor....?

Last edited by is9520; 08-27-2021 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:23 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 GLK350
Did you see this thread in your search?

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...d-working.html
The following users liked this post:
is9520 (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:27 AM

GLK350
Originally Posted by formerjeepguy
Did you see this thread in your search?

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...d-working.html
I hadn't noticed that one actually but it sort of confirms that replacing the valve is an advisable first step. Also, you could just try cleaning the filter screen that is attached. Interesting side note is that most of the components I have seen for sale don't come with the filter, except the one mentioned in the above thread, google EX10606C

Thanks.

EX10606C

Last edited by is9520; 08-27-2021 at 11:31 AM.