GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Are these problems related?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250
Are these problems related?

Lane assist works until I leave the lane and the system tries to pulse the wheel - errors and shuts down
My steering wheel heater stopped working (light just turns on for a second)

Signal light often won't stay on unless I hold the stock. The mechanism clicks in position and shifts back after the turn as normal.

Just had the signals fast blink on a couple occasions asking to check the front left and right signals. (Both working)

Blind spot sensors error on occasion.

On one occasion while climbing a hill I the transmission would not gear down.

Any help on any of these issues would be amazing - but I'm thinking some of these are due to electrical Gremlins and have no idea where to look.

Glk250
​​​​
Old 10-10-2021, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 217 Likes on 199 Posts
2013 glk 350
How old is the battery? voltage drop as in when starting up with a weak battery can do damage to components , fast blinking signals can be bad bulbs, bulbs going bad or bad connections. I’d start by checking battery voltage, charge it and test it. If its one component than maybe it has a bad connection or ground ,
The following users liked this post:
Adam Gallant (10-11-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 262 Likes on 221 Posts
GLK 250
Seems reminiscent of when my rear radar sensors and harness were corroded (for blind spot assist system), causing all of those same issues. It would especially act up if I let the car sit out in heavy rain.

The dealership replaced the wiring harness and both radar sensors about 3 years ago, no issues since. It was warranty work at the time, but it is a well-known issue. Perhaps they can goodwill it? I think they billed MB close to $2300.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Gallant (10-15-2021)